Supermicro X11SSH-CTF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudde

Explorer
I've read that the support for Supermicro X11SSH-CTF is a bit limited.
I've got FreeNAS up and running on it, i have flushed the LSI 3008 controller to IT mode FW v.PH10.00.03.00

Freenas gives me the following message:
Code:
WARNING: Firmware version 10 does not match driver version 9 for /dev/mpr0. Please flash controller to P9 IT firmware.

Im sure it's running in IT mode, i double checked inside the controllers bios.

Is this a bug i can ignore?

Dudde

Explorer
If anyone is searching the forum like i did for some answears regarding the X11SSH-CTF and its support to Freenas i got everything (LSI 3008?) up and running with the latest stable FreeNAS-9.10-STABLE-201604111739 version.
I've successfully tried the integrated Intel X550 10GbE controller (using iperf).

danb35

Hall of Famer
WARNING: Firmware version 10 does not match driver version 9 for /dev/mpr0. Please flash controller to P9 IT firmware.
What part of this message is unclear to you?

Dudde

Explorer
Im a non native speaker so i translated it wrong.
If the driver is too new and i should roll back, could anyone point me in the right direction of witch one of these firmwares i should use?

ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/Driver/SAS/LSI/3008/

Or should i update the drivers inside of freenas?

Sorry if this seems obvious to some of you guys, but im struggling too get a hand on all this, im not even working in the IT business, im in the catering business.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Hmmm... There is a Swedish forum (https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?forums/swedish-svenske.51/), but admittedly it isn't very active. For LSI controllers like yours, the firmware version should match the driver version. FreeNAS uses the PH9 driver, so you should use the PH9 firmware. The SuperMicro FTP site doesn't appear to have a copy of the PH9 firmware. You can try emailing their support staff to see if they can get it to you, or you can download LSI's firmware from http://www.avagotech.com/products/server-storage/host-bus-adapters/sas-9300-8i#downloads. I'd check with SuperMicro first though.

Dudde

Explorer
Thanks for your reply, after contact with Supermicro you can now download the PH9 firmware from their FTP site.
ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/Driver/SAS/LSI/3008/Firmware/Previous%20Releases/AVG3008P093T1.1.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.