Supermicro A1SAM-F C2550 for Sale

joeschmuck

Old Man
I have a nice and clean motherboard mounted in a small (cheap) computer case, a good quality 500W power supply, one cheap SSD, one cheap laptop HDD, 24GB Non-ECC RAM. This was used as a Firewall, then repurposed as a TrueNAS Testbed where I ran ESXi and TrueNAS on top of that. Currently the SSD has TrueNAS installed and the HDD is a stripe pool so the purchaser can plug it in, power it on, and it should start right up. The motherboard can accept 64GB of DDR3 ECC RAM (sorry I don't have any laying around or I'd include it). Photos/screen captures available upon request.

I have no issues selling just the motherboard, I have the original box.

Here is the catch: I'm not a fan of selling anything that I can't hand deliver and prove it works upon delivery. I can only tell you that when it departs my hands to the shipping facility (UPS/FedEx), it was fully operational, so it is sold "As-Is", mainly because I have no idea what level of expertise the purchaser has, if they will use an ESD mat, and that they may damage it with a little static electricity or maybe over tightening a mounting screw, breaking off a SATA connector, you get the point. I have little trust if I do not personally know the person. At the same time you have no real knowledge of me and my skills, if I'm selling you a dud.

Attached is a MemTest86 screen shot with two complete passes. If someone wants specific tests run, just let me know. Purchaser would pay all shipping charges and shipping insurance, it's just smart with the way shippers are these days to have insurance. Total weight of the entire system is just over 12 LBS (not including the shipping box and packaging). If you wanted to calculate shipping charges, I live in the St. Marys, GA area.

This would make a nice low-power TrueNAS machine if someone installs at least 16GB ECC RAM (one stick). This is not a powerful beast, it's an Atom CPU. This would be fine as a small office or home NAS. The case can only hold a few drives so if you wanted more than two 3.5" HDDs, you would need a different case.

Price: Yea, I'm not sure what a fair price is yet, trying to find these things for sale has been difficult. The stuff I seem to find are selling for way too much money for a refurbished unit, almost like the price of a new board. I'm not flat out giving it away either. For everything I think $300 USD is reasonable. For just the motherboard, maybe $200 USD. If I'm way off the mark, please educate me. Last thing, I have no idea how we would transfer the money. I know I have a PayPal account, just need to log in to ensure it's still active and if I can figure that out. I know there are other ways to transfer money as well. I'd have to ask my daughter, it's more of her generation thing.

Attachments

• MemTest86_Testing_Results_1.jpg
    MemTest86_Testing_Results_1.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited: