Suggestions on all SSD Setup

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
Heyo All,

Been a while and my setups are still going as strong as ever. Finally going to populate at least one of my 24 Drive Dell C2100's and go all SSD. :grin:

So I figured I'd check in with suggestions on good choices for 2TB SSDs. So far, I have been looking at "Crucial MX500 2TB 3D NAND SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD, up to 560MB/s - CT2000MX500SSD1"; but wouldn't mind input/suggestions. Not looking to go over $200/Each.

Case Usage would be TrueNas (will finally move up to latest Release) in which I plan on running 3-Way Mirrors serving up iSCSI to another C2100 which houses the actually drives and Microsoft Server 2019 DataCenter with at least 5 Hyper-V VMs. So when all is said and done, I'd really only ever access/use ~8TB (Keeping <= 50% Rule of iSCSI). Figure the IOPs would be sufficient enough where I wouldn't really need a SLOG.

VMs are not going to be used that intensively (yet). Mainly, AD, MDT Server, One running SQL and a couple other light usage Servers. SCCM/MECM may come in later but that is still TBD. Only ~30 Users and most of the real data will be housed on a different Pool (RaidZ2 or RaidZ3).

Looking to buy 25 SSDs right now, but may double to 50... So if anyone knows where I may get a "Bulk Discount" that would be cool as well.

TIA for any info.