Stuck in Bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

im really was trying everything i could think of, but im not able to solve it.

My plan is installing FreeNAS 9.1.1 64bit on my old windows homeserver: H341 Acer Easystore.

I found a lot of different step by step tutorials but its not working for me.

I have the USB stick with Freenas on it(i know it works because i tried it on two other computers and it just boots fine),.

So when i try to Boot from my USB device the Bootloader shows up like this:

F1 FreeBSD
F2 FreeBSD
F5 Drive

Boot: F1 >_

and there it stucks the underline is flashing and thats it.

I tried different USB Sticks, i tried to change all the different settings in the Bios, but nothing works.

thanks for your help

greets

sebastian

cyberjock

Inactive Account
That sounds like either a USB stick that's bad/improperly written or your server is incompatible somehow. Considering that you've proven the USB stick that kind of narrows down the options...

cyberjock

Inactive Account
yeah sorry , i have read you whole post, but thats not possible because there are a lot of people who booted FreeNAS on this machine.

gpsguy

How much RAM is in the server?

Do you know what version of FreeNAS other folks have used. If it was version 0.7 - that's a different project. It's now known as NAS4free and not supported here.

Sent from my phone

cyberjock

Inactive Account
yeah sorry , i have read you whole post, but thats not possible because there are a lot of people who booted FreeNAS on this machine.

And you are sure they are using your exact BIOS settings, your exact BIOS version, that your hardware version isn't different from theirs? etc?

See, suddenly the waters get really choppy...

Ok so the "others" used 0.7 ...
but to really see if it is working on this machine or not i put it on a harddrive, and booted it throug the sata port and tata it is working fine.

So it has something to do with the USB konfiguration
but in the bios im not able to change anything, there only exist USB enable or deaktivate

so the last solution is to buy a small SSD and to boot FreeNAS from this.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
It's not uncommon for people to not be able to use USB boot. Quite a few companies don't provide good thorough support for USB.

gpsguy

Since you only have 2Gb of RAM, you might try the 32 bit version of FreeNAS - either 8.3.2 or 9.1.1.

If those don't work, try NAS4free.

Status
Not open for further replies.