Stream video from FreeNAS 9.1.1 to xbmc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

Dabbler
Hello everybody !
I'm making server which can stream video. Unfortunately I've couldn't find instuction about configur plugins and configur streamnig in 9 version. I've installed three plugins(miniDLNA, transmission, firefly). But I've couldn't configur them right.
Has anyone done this before ?
Many thanks !!!:)

JemmyUK

Cadet
for xbmc, you need miniDLNA, Once running, go to your xbmc running machine, minidlna should show under the servers for video, photos and music.
For videos, go to videos>files>add files>browse> choose upnp and then select the folder with videos and ok
similar for music and photos.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I think if you use DLNA you cannot utilize the library features of XBMC which are one of the greatest things it does. If you use NFS or CIFS, you can connect and set them as your library. Your XBMC machine will keep track of whats new, what you have watched, whats coming soon, as well as pull in trailers and actor info. For multiple XBMC machines, it would be good to set one of them up with MySQL and configure the whole home functionality where you can stop a movie in one room and resume from another.

Many many awesome things you can do with xbmc if you configure it correctly.

Vlad

Dabbler
Many thanks for your answers.
I can enter on freenas. But I can't add media files on freenas.

Vlad

Dabbler
Yes. I can't upload any media contents on freenas.
I've configured CIFS share. Ann I can see freenas through XBMC.
BUT I CAN'T UPLOAD VIDEO :)

PinkyThePig

Dabbler
try doing

Code:
chmod -R 777 /path/to/video/folder

not sure on the R (might be lower case) but run that command in a shell with the folder being for example /mnt/zpool/videos

Where videos is the main folder all of your videos would be stored in.

Status
Not open for further replies.