Owner User): USER1 UID1
Owner Group: GROUP1 GID1
RWE permissions for owner and group only

Share:
Type: UNIX
Maproot User: Nobody
Maproot Group: Nogroup
All directories: checked

From my Linux laptop, i connect using the username of the owner USER1 and with the same UID1. This uier is not in GROUP1

From one of my jails USER2 with UID2, member of GROUP1 (owner) and with GID1 creates data in the dataset.

SHARE1 is shared with and mounted on the jail

Whith this setup, the user in the jail and the user from the laptop should have RWE permissions on that share.

However, files created in the share by the user in the jail are not accessable to the user on the laptop. The user can see them, but cannot open them. Files dropped in the share by the laptop user are accessable by the jail user.

Only if i unmount the share on the laptop, turn of NFS sharing, apply the permissions (that haven't changed) again recursively on the dataset and turn NFS sharing back on and remounting the share again on the laptop, the files can be opened by the laptop user.

What am i missing here?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
What are the permissions of the files right after the user in the jail creates them? New files created use different default permissions. You are going to want to learn about umask and configure a different one in the jail for the user in the jail.

Thanks SweetAndLo. I've never heared about umask, is that bad for someone with 5 years of Linux experience?? :oops: - although not even 1 yet of BSD.

I've done some reading and it seems like this could be it. When I get home i'll check it out. If this is not it, thanks anyway, because I learned a new thing again today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.