Strange file copy issues in Windows after 11.3 upgrade

jsevakis

Cadet
Hi there! I have a dedicated FreeNAS box I've been maintaining for about a year, and it's running really well, despite being a bit of an IT newbie.

Unfortunately after upgrading to 11.3 I've been having a strange issue with my main Windows 10 client. Certain files that have been on the server prior to the upgrade simply can't be copied to a local Windows volume without getting a "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect" error. There is no issue with the path length or any strange characters in the filenames. New files in the same directory have no issues. Windows will happily read, write to and rename those files. But it simply won't copy them. The only way I've been able to get around this is to throw those files into a .rar and extract them to whatever local Windows directory I was going to put them. That works fine.

None of this is an issue on my Mac clients at all. I don't have any *nix clients to test currently.

I haven't been able to find anything on this issue, so any help in solving this would be most appreciated.

Macaroni323

Explorer
jsevakis, have you ever heard any more about this error? I have the same issue since upgrading to 11.3 U5.