Static IPs Broken with New NIC

oli_kester

Cadet
Hi everyone.

Thanks for all the hard work building Freenas - it's allowed me to make a decent home server for way cheaper than I would have otherwise! Much appreciated.

I've just bought and installed a dedicated NIC to replace the integrated one in my Freenas build. I was having issues with an iSCSI share, and I read that Realtek NICs can cause issues. The iSCSI issue has been solved, but now I have a new one...

I managed to switch the Freenas OS over to using the new NIC for the main OS, but the swap has broken the connection for my jails, specifically Plex (the only one I'm using at the moment).

I've got it to work with DHCP, but not with a static IP, which I had it set to before.

Can someone point me to the correct settings for the jail? I've been adjusting the following using the tooltip guidance -

Basic Properties
NAT
VNET
Berkley Packet Filter

Jail Properties
vnet_interfaces

Network Properties
interfaces
vnet_default_interface
NAT interface

If I try and set "vnet_default_interface" to the seemingly logical "vnet0:bridge0" in the dropdown, the config editor won't save, giving the error -

[EFAULT] Please provide a valid NIC to be used with vnet

If I set it to "auto", this error goes away.

In some conditions with the VNET enabled, when I press "Save" the Freenas box locks up on me, and I have to reboot (no network access, GUI and shares go down). :confused:

I've tried installing another copy of the plugin to copy the config, but this fails too, with the error -

Error: plex-test had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: Stopped plex-test due to VNET failure Partial plugin destroyed

Any ideas anyone? Help much appreciated.

Best,

Oliver
  • Motherboard make and model - Dell Optiplex 390 Mini-tower - Intel H61 Express Chipset
  • CPU make and model - Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz
  • RAM quantity - 8GB
  • Hard drives, quantity, model numbers, and RAID configuration, including boot drives - TOSHIBA HDWQ140 // 4TB x2 // Mirrored
  • Hard disk controllers - Integrated
  • Network cards - INTEL GIGABIT CT DESKTOP ADAPTER