Startup Script Question

Dunuin

Contributor
Hi,

I wrote a bash script to control the fan speed with ipmitool. If I run it from console as root with "bash /mnt/SSDpool/localData/scripts/fanctrl.sh" it works fine but if I use the same command or script via the "init/shutdown script" webinterface I get the error:
/mnt/SSDpool/localData/scripts/fanctrl.sh: line 37: ipmitool command not found

Line 37 is:
CPUSENSOR=$(ipmitool sensor get "CPU Temp")

Which user runs the init scripts? Does that user didn't have the rights to run the ipmitool?

colmconn

Contributor
Use the pull path to ipmitool in the script since it appears to not be on the PATH hence the error

Glorious1

Guru
Hi,

I wrote a bash script to control the fan speed with ipmitool. If I run it from console as root with "bash /mnt/SSDpool/localData/scripts/fanctrl.sh" it works fine but if I use the same command or script via the "init/shutdown script" webinterface I get the error:
/mnt/SSDpool/localData/scripts/fanctrl.sh: line 37: ipmitool command not found

Line 37 is:
CPUSENSOR=$(ipmitool sensor get "CPU Temp")

Which user runs the init scripts? Does that user didn't have the rights to run the ipmitool?
Right, for some reason in scripts you have to give the path to many commands like ipmitool. I think you can find that with which ipmitool.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality

Glorious1

Guru
Yes, and there's mine, which I think Kevin's is based on.

sretalla