Started New system. Need some reminders/help

preedy

Dabbler
Hello I retired my old Freenas system and began a new build Poweredge T410
Truenas core is up and running
Plex is up and running
Sabnzbd up and running
My issue, as with my last build, is having Sabnzdb, Sonarr using the same datasets, files whatever...
In general: setup.
I have a pool "Media Programs" 1tb Mirrored drives. This is where my jails are contained for Plex, Sabnzbd
I have a second Pool "Tank" this is a 4tb drive. Mirrored later. This is where the data "movies, music, etc" is saved

Sabnzbd mount point Source can exist inside or outside its pool. Media Programs, or tank.
its destination mount point will only allow to exist in its own pool "Midia Programs".

I believe the destination pool/dataset should be where my Movies and tvs are saved in pool tank.

My thoughts are, Sabnzbd mount points should be
Sources /mnt/Media Programs/iocage/jails/sabnzbd/root/usr/local/sabnzbd/Downloads because this is where sabnzbd downloads to.
Destination /mnt/tank/Media/Movies This destination is not selectable or present.

I read that Programs and Media data should be saved in different pools for several reasons. But I believe this is causing my issue.
It was time consuming on the last build to always move downloads and arrange them. I'm sure if done correctly sab, sonarr will do this for me.

I don't mind rebuilding and reconstructing if I must. Any help is appreciated but Please help with more than just code statements, I'm not to familiar with Truenas and what I know I forgot 10 years ago. Yes I have done many searches, and read many outdated freenas 11.3 posts.

I think I get what your saying. I suspect you dont have /mnt/tank/Media mounted to the sab jail.

In the sab jail and gui you should be setting the source to /usr/local/sabnzbd/Downloads the path you listed is according to the truenas host.

Mount your 2nd pool tank to the sab jail. Source /mnt/tank/Media/ Destination /media/. Truenas GUI in Jail section

Then in sab and such the media will be located in /media/Movies or whatever so this is where youll set your destinations.

It was time consuming on the last build to always move downloads and arrange them.
There are several things that can help you out here if you look around :wink: most of us dont touch it.

There are serveral of these arr programs around youll have to install manually, not difficult. Put everything in one jail, youll be so much happier.

preedy

Dabbler
Hehe,, ok well thats what I was just about to do. Each of mine were in separate jails. Third time a charm. Thank you again.

Absolutely. Hollar if you get hung up.

preedy

Dabbler
Well I have been working on install sabnzbdb,sonarr,radarr in a single jail all day followed several youtubes. seemed to go well however only one sonarr would start. the others would get a no connection error. I read that this could be an issue, did several of the steps suggested none worked. mlock=1 seemed to work for many but not me. So now I'm back to multiple jails. Any suggestions on how to setup mounts

Set up the mounts identically in every jail.