SSL certificate doesn't work after successfully import

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,
I have added ssl .crt file and private key from digicert. i have imported on FreeNAS system--> certificates. i have copy and pasted the .crt file into certificate and private key on private key section. i get no errors when i import. but when i log in from URL with https i am not getting connected.
Question1)is there any way to check if it imported correctly?
Question2)if it is imported correctly, why am I not able to open the page through https
I have tried different browsers, none works.
Question3) am i suppose to use different keys ?

I am the new bie in the new bie. Help!
FreeNAS version: FreeNAS-9.10.1-U4
Certificates from Digi cert.

D

dlavigne

What error do you get in the browser when you try to connect (exact wording or screenshot please).

Anything in /var/log/messages or
Code:
/var/log/auth.log
when you try to connect?

following are the log messages found when i was trying to add and make SSL work. looks like nginx crashed or i am not sure what went wrong.

Fingerprint of the certificate used in the GUI: "MAC addr"
Stopping ntpd.
ntpd[2042]: ntpd exiting on signal 15 (Terminated)
Waiting for PIDS: 2042, 2042.
Starting ntpd.
ntpd 4.2.8p8-a (1): Starting
WARNING: can't open config file: /usr/local/openssl/openssl.cnf
Performing sanity check on nginx configuration:
nginx: [emerg] SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file("/etc/certificates/rbi.key") failed (SSL: error:0B080074:x509 certificate routines:X509_check_private_key:key values mismatch)
nginx: configuration file /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed
Stopping django.
Waiting for PIDS: 2985.

D

dlavigne

It would be worthwhile to update to the latest 9.10.2-U1 to make sure that you're not hitting a bug that has been fixed since 9.10.1-U4. If the update doesn't resolve it, please create a bug report that includes those error messages and post the issue number here.

Earlier I was using the one level up version that is 9.10.2-U1. I downgraded it because the system use to log me out every time i try to switch tabs. so i downgraded it. I have not come over to that issue since i downgraded it.

D

dlavigne

In that case, create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org with the info you have now and post the issue number here.

Status
Not open for further replies.