SSD pool unhealthy, disks all online, unable to view SMART results

Eds89

Contributor
Hello,

I have a RAIDZ1 pool of 4x Samsung EVO 860 SSDs, and the pool they are in shows unhealthy.
The status of all four disks is green all showing online.

When I try to select one of the disks and view the SMART results, the page looks like it is trying to load the results but sits there indefinitely and produces no output.

Is there another way I can check the health of these disks to see what's going on to cause this pool alert?

Thanks
Eds

Arwen

MVP
Login via "root" shell and run zpool status -v. Then copy and paste the output here in CODE tags.

Plus, it's always helpful, (and in the forum rules), to have a complete listing of the hardware. For example, it's not clear what the controller chip is used for your SSDs, SATA or SAS. And if SAS, what model. Then include the version of TrueNAS you are using.

Eds89

Contributor
Thanks. Output below:
Code:
  pool: ESXi
 state: ONLINE
status: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data
        corruption.  Applications may be affected.
action: Restore the file in question if possible.  Otherwise restore the
        entire pool from backup.
   see: https://openzfs.github.io/openzfs-docs/msg/ZFS-8000-8A
config:

NAME                                            STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        ESXi                                            ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz1-0                                      ONLINE       0     0     0
            gptid/e4117ba2-ef0b-11eb-b23d-ac1f6b60b47c  ONLINE       0     0     2
            gptid/e44f7d57-ef0b-11eb-b23d-ac1f6b60b47c  ONLINE       0     0     2
            gptid/e4fa9eba-ef0b-11eb-b23d-ac1f6b60b47c  ONLINE       0     0     0
            gptid/e50426bc-ef0b-11eb-b23d-ac1f6b60b47c  ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files:

ESXi/ESXi:<0x1>

I see some mention about checksum errors on a couple of the SSDs. How can I map those gptid's to the disk names so I know which ones I, presumably, am going to need to do further checks on/replace?

Many thanks
Eds

Eds89

Contributor
Can anyone help me map these gptids to disk IDs so I can figure out which ones need replacing?

Many thanks.
Eds

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
gpart list will help you map the uuids to disk devices. You can then try to use smartctl on the device.

sretalla