Sonarr Upgrade Failing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan Smithee

Dabbler
Running FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201503200528 with sonarr-2.0.0.2850-amd64

There is an update to Sonarr available (2.0.0.3004 - Mar 17 2015) that I would like to apply. The installation button is available on the updates page, but when I click on it, it seems to only download the update, create a nzbdrone backup and then say "update completed" but the Sonarr version does not change. I tried restarting the app and restarting the jail, but neither advance the version number past 2.0.0.2850. I don't think the update process is working.

Is this the normal way to upgrade Sonarr inside the jail plugin? I found this thread but haven't gone down this path of investigation yet. Was wondering if anyone else had similar issues.

Thanks.

raidflex

Guru

There is an update to Sonarr available (2.0.0.3004 - Mar 17 2015) that I would like to apply. The installation button is available on the updates page, but when I click on it, it seems to only download the update, create a nzbdrone backup and then say "update completed" but the Sonarr version does not change. I tried restarting the app and restarting the jail, but neither advance the version number past 2.0.0.2850. I don't think the update process is working.

Is this the normal way to upgrade Sonarr inside the jail plugin? I found this thread but haven't gone down this path of investigation yet. Was wondering if anyone else had similar issues.

Thanks.

The update process works without issues for me, and this has been through multiple updates. Did you try creating a new jail with the current version of the plugin?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

Thanks.
where are you checking the version number? the plugin version number on the freenas webui > plugins > installed tab is not synced with the actual version of the plugin.
just install the in app updates and check your versions in there

Alan Smithee

Dabbler
Thanks for the responses.

I am checking the version number inside of Sonarr webapp (i.e. System->Info->About->Version). And in Sonarr webapp the System->Updates is telling me Sonarr can be upgraded. I understand the FreeNAS plugin version number might not be in sync.

"just install the in app updates and check your versions in there"
I did click the update in the Sonarr webapp (nothing was done in the FreeNAS gui) and as above, nothing updated.

"Did you try creating a new jail with the current version of the plugin"
So I might need to create a new jail to update Sonarr? Won't I have to re-create my current setup if I create a new jail? I was thinking that once the plugin is installed, you update the app via the app itself, not the via the plugin.

Sorry, I'm a little confused, I'll be a little clearer with my question. Should I use the Sonarr in-app upgrade process to get the latest version of Sonarr installed over my current version? If so, it seems to be broken for me and a pointer to the upgrade logs would be helpful. If not, what is the recommended process that would preserve my current config.

Alan Smithee

Dabbler
I think I found the issue, sorry for trouble. After finding the logs and seeing a lot of messages similar to these:

15-3-25 08:24:13.1|Trace|DiskProviderBase|Deleting file: /usr/pbi/sonarr-amd64/share/sonarr/NzbDrone/DDay.iCal.dll
15-3-25 08:24:13.1|Fatal|InstallUpdateService|Failed to copy upgrade package to target folder.
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/usr/pbi/sonarr-amd64/share/sonarr/NzbDrone/DDay.iCal.dll" is denied.

It turns out I had missed some permission changes that were needed (i.e. allow the upgrade process to access/write to some directories). Using the Sonarr update process worked fine now.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the responses.

I am checking the version number inside of Sonarr webapp (i.e. System->Info->About->Version). And in Sonarr webapp the System->Updates is telling me Sonarr can be upgraded. I understand the FreeNAS plugin version number might not be in sync.

I did click the update in the Sonarr webapp (nothing was done in the FreeNAS gui) and as above, nothing updated.

So I might need to create a new jail to update Sonarr? Won't I have to re-create my current setup if I create a new jail? I was thinking that once the plugin is installed, you update the app via the app itself, not the via the plugin.

Sorry, I'm a little confused, I'll be a little clearer with my question. Should I use the Sonarr in-app upgrade process to get the latest version of Sonarr installed over my current version? If so, it seems to be broken for me and a pointer to the upgrade logs would be helpful. If not, what is the recommended process that would preserve my current config.
the ideal method is to use Sonarr's built in updater as you are trying. you shouldn't need to reinstall the plugin as @raidflex suggested but this might clear up any issues.

just as a check, what version does freenas report?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I think I found the issue, sorry for trouble. After finding the logs and seeing a lot of messages similar to these:

It turns out I had missed some permission changes that were needed (i.e. allow the upgrade process to access/write to some directories). Using the Sonarr update process worked fine now.
great, glad you got it working

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

great, glad you got it working

Status
Not open for further replies.