Some problems and questions for Truenas

zantag

Dabbler
Hi guys i have some questions about SMB shares in Truenas.
my ver is

TrueNAS-12.0-U1.1

1. Why i cant find shadow copies for child dateset?
example:
POOL>>>DATASET>>>CHILD DATASET
Snapshot are actiavated for dataset recursively. When i right click on dateset and choose "restore previous version" everything is fine i see all snaspshot that was created.

1618647604507.png

When i click open and try to explore my child dataset i see this:
1618647723690.png

Also if i go to my child dataset from windows explorer and try right click restore prev. on child dateset i cant see any active snapshot (shadow copy restore points).
1618647498530.png

I try to create task for auto snapshot on the child dataset.... same problem.
Any ideas what's wrong ... it seems that i cant even restore it from truenas GUI via snapshot?

2. How to create logging for deleted files in smb share. I want to know who, when, and what are deleted or modified.

So i try with this tutorial:

1.Edit the file "/conf/base/etc/local/syslog-ng.conf.freenas" and add:
Code:destination m_samba_audit { file("/var/log/samba4/activity.log"); }; log { source(src); filter(f_local5);destination(m_samba_audit); flags(final); };
And you restart the service syslog-ng:
service syslog-ng restart
2. Add the following lines in aux parameters in cifs service:
Code:
full_audit:prefix = %u|%I|%m|%S
full_audit:failure = none
full_audit:success = rename unlink rmdir mkdir write pwrite link
full_audit:facility = LOCAL5
full_audit:priority = NOTICE

3. Add in Samba sharing the "full_audit" in VFS Objects
4. For the logs rotation add in “/conf/base/etc/newsyslog.conf”(Example to keep logs for two years):Code:/var/log/samba4/activity.log 640 720 * u/T00 JC

I got to the step 3. Add in Samba sharing the "full_audit" in VFS Objects but can someone be more specific and explain where and how to add full_audit" in VFS objects. Where is vfs object menu?
I can't find any log in /var/log/samba4/ with name "activity.log" after i make other steps...