SOLVED [Solved]Similar CIFS shares do not work as intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike360x1

Contributor
Hi guys,

So, currently, I have a few CIFS shares setup for access to my FreeNAS plugin storage. The Dataset is called "JailStore" and I have three plugin storage locations that reside within it: MineOS, Syncthing, and Transmission. These three storage locations have been assigned a username and group associated with their plugin. IE: MineOS = mcserver, Syncthing = syncthing, Transmission = transmission. I have added each of these corresponding groups as an auxiliary member to user = "Michael" and use that to access the CIFS shares I link to the Plugin Storage.

My problem is that, When I try accessing the storage through a share located directly in the plugin storage, I am denied access. But if I try accessing the storage from a share created in the directory before it, get full read and write permissions.

Here is what happens when I try to access the storage from this particular location:

JailStore: Pass
JailStore\Syncthing: Pass
JailStore\Syncthing\Michael: Permission Denied (Strange how I could still access it via share as noted above)
JailStore\MineOS: Pass
JailStore\Transmission: Permission Denied.

This is a picture of the list of Shares I have created to test this:
here

Moreover, I have also tested the permissions of the storage using a touch test. And get the following results

JailStore: Permission Denied
JailStore\MineOS: Pass
JailStore\Syncthing: Denied
JailStore\Syncthing\Michael: Pass
Jailstore\MineOS: Pass
Jailstore\Transmission: Permission Denied.

Note: For the shares that are directly mounted in the plugin's storage have the aux parameter "force user = [plugin user]" and "force group = [plugin group] "

mike360x1

Contributor
Update: So the TL;DR reason I can think of for this is that Auxiliary groups aren't working for me.

IE: I'm accessing the Transmission CIFS share with Michael which has an aux group transmission added to it.

But even then, a touch test fails. Why is this?

mike360x1

Contributor
Update: (solved)I guess it was an error on my part, I restarted the server and the permissions had automatically re worked itself out.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
If you could, please change the Title prefix from "Problem" to "Solved":

upload_2016-7-4_8-19-23.png

Status
Not open for further replies.