So happy now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellasys

Cadet
Now that I'm done being pissed about wasting all my time with nas4free! I mean, after like 3 days going round and round trying to access my shares, and they never worked! I did that change thinking I was upgrading after reading that the FreeNAS project "moved".

Got sick of the problem and I set up my entire system in under 10 minutes (again) with FreeNAS.

Not sure what happened, but anyway I'm glad to be back up and running. I would of course like to know WTF, but hey, I'm just happy I'm up and running again.

Have 1 MacBookPro, 1 XP box, 1 Vista Laptop, 1 Win7 desktop, 1 CentOS linux Server, and 1 PyDev machine (fedora) working under the same FreeNAS install, using both CIFS and NFS shares at this time.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Welcome. I've never used NAS4Free but I've heard its "less polished" than FreeNAS but also has lower system requirements. So yeah.. /shrug.

bellasys

Cadet
cool thanks for the welcome...

quick update, I guess running NFS with the CIFS hosed my setup. I will have to research how to isolate a physical hard drive for use with Linux development environments while running my other systems on the shared resource... the Linux box can of course view the CIFS shares already, but I want to isolate a data array for use exclusively with that machine... (that's not a question, I'm just sayin)

bollar

Patron

bellasys

Cadet
I will cz that thanks! (yes OG dataset now CIFS only)

...and let me reiterate the love-feeling when after like 3 days of pulling my hair out with the other system I procured an entire server from burning ISO to deploying a first test file in <20 minutes! (I had the noob experience already, or it might have taken half an hour lol...)

Status
Not open for further replies.