Snapshots quit working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrodder

Dabbler
Long story short, I had finally gotten snapshot replication working between two freenas boxen, both running 8.0.1RC2. My only problem was that I didn't set up the zpool path option correctly in the remote machine via the gui, so I had "/mnt/TANK/BACKUP" dataset replicating remotely to "/mnt/TANK/BACKUP/BACKUP" on the remote side. I wanted to be able to see it in the gui on the remote side for disaster recovery, so I figured I would just delete the zpool on the remote, recreate it, and set up the ZFS replication job with just "TANK" and not "TANK/BACKUP" so it would replicate *better*.

To clean things up on the local side, I deleted all my snapshots except for the current one, it wouldn't let me because it was "held for replication". Since the replication wasn't currently working anymore, I figured that was a stuck process maybe. So I deleted the remote replication task, which allowed me to delete the most current snapshot, and set it all back up. Now I have a snapshot schedule, and replication configured, but for some reason I can't even get local snapshots working anymore. I made a manual, but for the life of me no more local recurring snapshots work at all. Any ideas?

jrodder

Dabbler
Ok, I am at a loss. I did everything I could think of, including upgrading to the latest version. Nothing was working, this morning I change the snapshot schedule from what I had, to every 15 minutes, all day. (I had done this previously) It starts magically working, and replicating to the remote NAS. This *has* to be some kind of bug, but I don't know where to begin looking to help out. I crawled through the filesystem looking for a wonky cron, or something else but it's like shooting blind. *shrug*.

Status
Not open for further replies.