SMBFS and rsync causing D+ processes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrousity

Cadet
I have a setup of two freenas minis set up across a single hop satcom network. Both NAS's host their own CIFS shares. Because my users sometimes are required to transfer files between the share drives, I've noticed that transfers typically fail when transferred with a windows machine due to the high latency and the 20 kbps transfer rate. To help fix this failure, I transfer the files myself through the NAS I have local here. I have the second NAS mounted via mount_smbfs on my own NAS at /mnt/NAS.

The problem I'm running into is when I have multiple transfers going at the same time, rsync errors out with a code 30 and hangs up. At the time that erroroccurs, the other transfers halts as well. Looking at closer today, I've noticed that the rsync processes are all in a uninterruptible state. I can't kill the processes, and if I unmount the second NAS, that hangs up as well. Even ls in /mnt hangs up. The only solution is for me to reboot. However, my users need access almost all the time and rebooting sometimes just isn't an option. Any ideas why rsync keeps failing?

Status
Not open for further replies.