SMB wont start after updating to 21.08-BETA.1

youpko

Cadet
In Scale 21.06-BETA.1 I had some SMB shares defined but after the update to 21.08 they wouldn't work anymore the smb.configure job never seemd to finish. But to some time constraints I did not have the time to look further in to it.

But now 21.08-BETA.2 has released but it still didn't work. somewhere here on the forum I found that it might have something to do with Gluster but in the web interface I couldn't find anything about Gluster.
So I installed True Command on a docker machine and added my Scale test server to it and disabled the Gluster Service from there (I would like to to use Gluster later but for testing I disabled it).
After a reboot the smb.configure job is success fully but the smb.synchronize_group_mappings job fails. In the web ui in the job history it list a Error: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'
On the forum i found the following thread (same problem but different error) and running the command i get the following output.

Code:
truenas# midclt call core.get_jobs '[["method", "=", "smb.synchronize_group_mappings"]]' | jq
[
  {
    "id": 22,
    "method": "smb.synchronize_group_mappings",
    "arguments": [],
    "description": null,
    "abortable": false,
    "logs_path": null,
    "logs_excerpt": null,
    "progress": {
      "percent": null,
      "extra": null
    },
    "result": null,
    "error": "'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'",
    "exception": "Traceback (most recent call last):\n  File \"/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py\", line 382, in run\n    await self.future\n  File \"/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py\", line 418, in __run_body\n    rv = await self.method(*([self] + args))\n  File \"/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/smb_/groupmap.py\", line 408, in synchronize_group_mappings\n    must_remove_cache = await self.sync_builtins(groupmap['builtins'])\n  File \"/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/smb_/groupmap.py\", line 278, in sync_builtins\n    low_range = int(idmap_range.split(\"-\")[0].strip())\nAttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'\n",
    "exc_info": {
      "type": "AttributeError",
    },
    "state": "FAILED",
    "time_started": {
      "$date": 1634633779680
    },
    "time_finished": {
      "$date": 1634633780310
    }
  },
  {
    "id": 46,
    "method": "smb.synchronize_group_mappings",
    "arguments": [],
    "abortable": false,
    "logs_path": null,
    "logs_excerpt": null,
    "progress": {
      "percent": null,
    },
    "result": null,
    "error": "'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'",
    "exception": "Traceback (most recent call last):\n  File \"/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py\", line 382, in run\n    await self.future\n  File \"/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py\", line 418, in __run_body\n    rv = await self.method(*([self] + args))\n  File \"/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/smb_/groupmap.py\", line 408, in synchronize_group_mappings\n    must_remove_cache = await self.sync_builtins(groupmap['builtins'])\n  File \"/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/smb_/groupmap.py\", line 278, in sync_builtins\n    low_range = int(idmap_range.split(\"-\")[0].strip())\nAttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'\n",
    "exc_info": {
      "type": "AttributeError",
    },
    "state": "FAILED",
    "time_started": {
      "$date": 1634633910222
    },
    "time_finished": {
      "$date": 1634633911102
    }
  }
]

As I am still very new to TrueNas I don't have any idea on how to proceed to fix this problem. The goal of course is to have SMB and Gluster working.

sophware

Dabbler
Wow. No reply. Hope you got this sorted.