SMB Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris230291

Patron
Hi guys. I have had some issues with a java coin miner. I finally figured it out and its removed from my PC. In the process I follwed some online advice, one of which involved removing any scheduled tasks in windows that didnt sound right. I think that has stopped my samba share from showing up. I never had mapped drives, I had a icon in "This PC" with the name of my server next to it. Clicking that showed all my shares. Anyways, thats no longer there and I'd like any advice on how to get it back please. I assume it was the removal of some scheduled tasks, but it could of been only or the 5 different malware removal tools I tried.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Chris.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Anyways, thats no longer there
Welcome to the city of NetBIOS discovery doesn't work. Population: Everyone on Earth.

Access your server using its hostname (DNS or NetBIOS) or IP address (\\hostname or \\IP_address).

Chris230291

Patron
Beautiful, thanks. \\hostname made it show up and now I have added it back the the quick acess list in explorer.

Edit: That was in run (windows key + R) by the way for anyone else that sees this. Never knew you could use the host name. I know the IP worked but that didnt make the icon show in netwrok.

Thanks

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

Chris230291

Patron
Not exactly sure what a DNS is. This is just a home server that I set up mainly for plex, transmission, sickrage and occasionally some game servers. I am not an expert. In fact my server set up is not optimal because I bought the hardware before I heard about freenas. Raid z with 8 drives. No ECC but that honestly doesnt bother me considering my needs.

run \\myip is just how I learnt to do it years back.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

Chris230291

Patron
Ahh right ye I know that. I didnt realise that it was the same deal with the server name and IP. I saw a video on it the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.