SOLVED SMB sharing a mounted ISO-File

Status
Not open for further replies.

shapeshifter

Cadet
Hi,

I am using FreeNAS 11.1U5 and I have a large ISO-File on a RAIDZ-2 pool. The pool itself is shared via SMB in my local Network, no Problems there at all. I don't have a domain controller and so I just added my Windows users as FreeNAS users with the same passwords (apparently only one single user...). I have a large ISO-File on that ZPool, and I can mount this image by using the following commands:

mdconfig -a -f /mnt/ZPool1/media/Isofile.iso
mount -t udf /dev/md0 /mnt/ZPool1/ISOMount/

As you can see the ISO-File is in UDF format because it's using long filenames. In a FreeNAS shell everything works fine, I can access the mount point of the ISO-File with Midnight Commander and shell commands. I would like to share the mount point of the image using SMB, an I added another SMB share using the webgui. Adding the share works fine, but I can't access the share from my Windows computer using Win7. I tried using my standard credentials which work flawlessly when I mount the ZPool share. If I try to access the shared ISO mount point, I cannot open it at all although I can connect to it using 'net use ...'.
The permissions on /mnt/ZPool1 are as following:

root@freenas:~ # ls -ltr /mnt/ZPool1/
total 96
dr-xr-xr-x 164 root wheel 22528 Oct 21 2016 ISOMount
drwxr-xr-x 4 root wheel 5 Aug 26 18:23 media
drwxr-xr-x 7 root wheel 7 Aug 27 18:06 jails

The permissions on /mnt/ZPool1/ISOMount:

root@freenas:~ # ls -ltr /mnt/ZPool1/ISOMount/
total 277934199
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root wheel 3342290944 Jul 2 2009 someiso.iso
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root wheel 2295070720 Jul 2 2009 someotheriso.iso
and so on for all the directories and files in the ISO.

The files in the large ISO file I created are mostly also ISO's, i just archived them in one BIG iso file and that file was put on LTO-6 media. I restored the file from the tape some days ago.

I am pretty sure I am doing some small thing wrong in some way but I can't find it for 2 days, so I hope you can help me out...

Shapeshifter

Last edited:

shapeshifter

Cadet
Just tried it but doesn't work... still doesn't show any directory contents if I try 'dir u:' in a windows command shell, it returns with 'Request not supported'...

shapeshifter

Cadet
Okay, I just fiddled around some more hours today and after you remove the 'zfsacl' from the share VFS objects you have to disconnect the share from within windows and then reconnect it... Then you can see all the contents without getting that damn error again... Shame on me...

Thank you very much, this saves me a lot of time.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Okay, I just fiddled around some more hours today and after you remove the 'zfsacl' from the share VFS objects you have to disconnect the share from within windows and then reconnect it... Then you can see all the contents without getting that damn error again... Shame on me...

Thank you very much, this saves me a lot of time.
You can also re-enable zfsacl and then add the aux parameter zfsacl:expose_snapdir.

Status
Not open for further replies.