NFS shares, scan only sees one share

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlanner

Dabbler
Hi,

I'm using FN8 (build FreeNAS-8.0.1-BETA4-amd64) as an ISO storage and virtual machine backup backend to my virtualization cluster. I've configured two different NFS shares on my FreeNAS box:

/mnt/vol01/ISOs
/mnt/vol01/Backups

Here's the output for those directories:

Code:
freenas# ls -la
total 25
drwxrwxr-x  10 vmadmin  vmadmin   10 Aug 19 09:13 .
drwxr-xr-x   4 root    1000    512 Aug 18 18:34 ..
drwxrwxr-x   2 vmadmin  vmadmin    3 Aug 18 17:53 .AppleDesktop
drwxrwxr-x   2 vmadmin  vmadmin    3 Aug 18 17:53 .AppleDouble
drwxr-xr-x   3 root    vmadmin   17 Sep 14 04:06 Backups
drwxr-xr-x   4 root    vmadmin   15 Aug 19 16:28 ISOs
drwxrwxr-x   3 vmadmin  vmadmin    3 Aug 18 17:53 Network Trash Folder
drwxrwxr-x   3 vmadmin  vmadmin    3 Aug 18 17:53 Temporary Items
drwxr-xr-x   3 root    vmadmin    3 Aug 19 16:55 VMDisks
drwxrwxr-x   2 vmadmin  vmadmin    2 Aug 18 18:11 images

When I scan for shares from my virtual host I'm only shown one share, the ISO one. Can anyone tell me why that is? I should see both of them. As it is, I can't run my VM backups. However, I can add my ISO NFS share and upload ISOs through my virtual host interface.

The same two shares using AFP work just fine.

I'm sure the solution is probably pretty simple, but I've added and deleted these shares many times with different settings and it doesn't seem to make a difference from an NFS standpoint. Any suggestions and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

satman80

Cadet
check your Drive Permissions and also make sure browseable is on, also you could try to add "valid users = username, username2" no quotes, in the advanced share. oh also make sure you are part of "wheel" check your folder permissions also. how did you create the "ISO" dir, who is the owner of it? "chown". I am just trying to throw out some simple things I forget about. hope that helps

mlanner

Dabbler
Yeah, I've looked at all your suggestions and changed permissions to the wheel group. Unfortunately it still doesn't work.

At this time I'm on FN8, 8.0.3 p1.

peterh

Patron
what does "showmount -e < your nfs server> says ?
If it's correctly exported it should be 2 lines describing which hosts(s) are allowed to mount

If not, whats the contents of /var/log/messages in the nfs-server ?

Status
Not open for further replies.