SMB shares not seen by clients after upgrade to 13

Bane

Dabbler
After upgrading to 13, my SMB shares no longer work. My clients cannot even see the shares when I use the UNC path to the share. I have verified that the SMB service is turned on and set to start on boot. Anyone have any idea on this?

TrueNAS services.png
TrueNAs SMB options screen.png

Bane

Dabbler
After upgrading to 13, my SMB shares no longer work. My clients cannot even see the shares when I use the UNC path to the share. I have verified that the SMB service is turned on and set to start on boot. Anyone have any idea on this?

View attachment 55617
I seem to have fixed this by unchecking the Browser Master option.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I seem to have fixed this by unchecking the Browser Master option.
That would mean that there's another box on your network that wasn't playing ball with the "forced master browser" setting and felt that it should win the election instead of your TrueNAS box, meaning if all the other clients see that box as the master browser (and you just rebooted when you upgraded, so there would have been an election) and it won't hand over power to TrueNAS in an orderly fashion (like some people's President), then your TrueNAS is left sitting there not wanting to see the other master as the real one, so not publishing to it, but also nobody is looking at TrueNAS to care about what it is saying... with that setting off, it would probably have accepted the existing master and published to it... presto.

Maybe worth considering if you want that to be what happens or if you want to find the "false master" (which is likely one of your machines possibly running Windows 11 or a very recent server version) and set it to never be master, so you can turn that setting back on and have a "reliable" master.

Something like this might help... http://www.boristheengineer.co.uk/networks/master_browser.htm

sretalla