SMB Share Some Folders Hidden

BigFireTech

Cadet
Environment:
  1. New TrueNAS Core install
  2. Active Directory connected and working
  3. SMB Share set up with Share and FileSystemACL set to allow my windows account full access
Issue:
  • Yesterday I copied a set of folders from a Windows 2019 file server to the SMB share. At this point I could see all the folders copied (4 in the root of the share), however two of the 4 had "grayed out" folder icons as though they were set to Hidden. Right clicking on these showed the Hidden bit was not set however.
  • Today I tried to browse the share in Explorer via a Windows 10 PC (\\[tn_server]\[smb_share]) and I see the share, however only two of the 4 root folders I copied to the share are visible and the other two are not visible at all
  • Checked Explorer to make sure I was able to view Hidden folders in case they were somehow hidden as they appeared to be yesterday. Hidden box was checked...
  • In the address bar, if I add the missing folder to the path (\\[tn_server]\[smb_share]\[hiddenfolder]), it opens it right up and I can see all the subfolders inside it, use/read/write/execute them.
Hoping someone can tell me what may have created this condition. Nothing I've tried, even going so far as blowing away the ACLs and re-adding them, seems to change the behavior.

Thanks in advance for any help!

BigFireTech

Cadet
Environment:
  1. New TrueNAS Core install
  2. Active Directory connected and working
  3. SMB Share set up with Share and FileSystemACL set to allow my windows account full access
Issue:
  • Yesterday I copied a set of folders from a Windows 2019 file server to the SMB share. At this point I could see all the folders copied (4 in the root of the share), however two of the 4 had "grayed out" folder icons as though they were set to Hidden. Right clicking on these showed the Hidden bit was not set however.
  • Today I tried to browse the share in Explorer via a Windows 10 PC (\\[tn_server]\[smb_share]) and I see the share, however only two of the 4 root folders I copied to the share are visible and the other two are not visible at all
  • Checked Explorer to make sure I was able to view Hidden folders in case they were somehow hidden as they appeared to be yesterday. Hidden box was checked...
  • In the address bar, if I add the missing folder to the path (\\[tn_server]\[smb_share]\[hiddenfolder]), it opens it right up and I can see all the subfolders inside it, use/read/write/execute them.
Hoping someone can tell me what may have created this condition. Nothing I've tried, even going so far as blowing away the ACLs and re-adding them, seems to change the behavior.

Thanks in advance for any help!
ADDITIONAL LEARNINGS:

1. In Explorer, if I turn off "Hide protected operating system files", the missing/hidden folders show up, however they are "grayed out" as though they are hidden and their Hidden attribute is set in the folder's properties.

2. The Hidden attribute is grayed out however, so I am unable to change it.