SMB share gets very slow with linux mint clients.

dirtyb15

Cadet
I have a Windows share on our NAS running the current stable version of TrueNAS. All of the windows clients can access the share just fine and behavior is as expected. We have several linux machines (running mint 20, and mint 17), and browsing folders on the share takes forever, almost to the point it is not usable. If i reboot the TrueNAS server, everything works great for a while, but it always gets back to this condition on the Linux clients only. I have tried restarting the SMB services on both clients and server, but the only temporary fix is rebooting the server. Any ideas? I would love to get this sorted out.
Thanks!

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I have a Windows share on our NAS running the current stable version of TrueNAS. All of the windows clients can access the share just fine and behavior is as expected. We have several linux machines (running mint 20, and mint 17), and browsing folders on the share takes forever, almost to the point it is not usable. If i reboot the TrueNAS server, everything works great for a while, but it always gets back to this condition on the Linux clients only. I have tried restarting the SMB services on both clients and server, but the only temporary fix is rebooting the server. Any ideas? I would love to get this sorted out.
Thanks!
Send me a debug through private message.