SMB file share, no premission when coping mineOS server files.

MrDixy

Cadet
Hey,

I have a TrueNAS scale server running on my old game pc. It is still in a very small state, but i decided to run a Minecraft server on it for nostalgia sake. The server and the app is running fine and is working as expected. However when i want to take the serverfiles through a SMB file share and copy them on my laptop for example it denies my premission, even though it is set the same as the other SMB file share with me (as a user) as the only account to be able to read and write.

The normal file share works and has no problem. But i am not able to write or copy files from the mineOS folders to anything else. Whenever i want to copy the files it just says that i dont have premission to write or copy those files (specificly the LEVEL.DAT file). I used the same set-up for both. Wich is the user appointed being the only one able to edit write or delete files.

could this be that the server is running and writing to the DAT's and therefor it wont work ? Does MineOS block access to its own file in order to keep the data set "clean". Or does it need to be done in a diffrent file transfer protocol that MineOS datasets allow ?

In case i need to add more information please say so, this is all just me being on a journey to figure out how this thing works.

Thanks in advance.

MrDixy

Cadet
In anycase i'll resolve my own issue so that if it get found by google atleast it wont bring you to a dead post..

Adding a SMB to the dataset of the mineos server does not give permissions to edit underlying file groups or files. Like the.DAT file of the server.
In order to be able to pull that file and copy it to a different folder, you need to go to the SMB file share ACL edit and apply the permissions recursively. This will give you permission to copy those DAT files. This function allows you to apply all the RWE functions to every directory and folder that is in the dataset.

Hope this helps