SMB CIFS and Active Directory Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

briandm81

Dabbler
I feel like I had this working once upon a time, but after not having used it for a while, I was wanting to really start making use of it. Now it doesn't seem to be working. I followed the guide here:

https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...directory-folder-file-user-permissions.20610/

A lot has changed since the version that the guide was created from, but I did my best to make it through it. I have my shares created, but when I try to apply security on my datasets, it just reverts back to root and staff. I've run wbinfo -u which returns three users (I obviously have more than that, but maybe that is ok?). I've run wbinfo -g which seems to return all of my groups. I've run wbinfo -t which succeeds. When I try this:

net ads join -S hyperiondc -U bmarshall

I get this:
Host is not configured as a member server.
Invalid configuration. Exiting....
Failed to join domain: This operation is only allowed for the PDC of the domain.

I also can't connect to FreeNAS from Computer Management on my Windows box. I've gone about as far as I can without a little guidance in the right direction. I've search the forums and the internet at large and if the answer is there...I've just not been able to find it. Help! :)

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Status
Not open for further replies.