Simple VLAN Setup not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

couche27

Cadet
Evening,
I need some assistance on what i think is a simple networking setup. Before i get into what i have setup, i will state that I had NFS setup though an unmanaged switch running no VLANs. I have a FreeNAS 9.2 box that i am wanting to VLAN off my NFS Network. I created the VLAN in FreeNAS to my NIC(Broadcom 5709) then created the interface with the static IP(192.168.2.10) and subnet(/25). I tagged the port on my HP Procure 1810 with VLAN110. The VLAN is setup on my 2 ESXi Hosts as well. I am able to ping the 2 hosts(192.168.2.21 and .22) from one another but I am not able to ping or connect my FreeNAS NFS IP. I have the NFS Service setup correctly to accept that network and like i previously stated i have set it up before, i just can't get it to work with a VLAN.

Any ideas on what I am missing or setup incorrectly?

Mlovelace

Guru
Add "up" to the options field of the interface you are vlan'ing.

vlan_doc.JPG

subzer011

Dabbler
i had a similar issue with iSCSI and MPIO. both set of IPs were on different vLANs. everything on ESXi appeared to be correctly configured. but the hosts couldn't connect to the iSCSI extents after creating the vlan interfaces in FreeNAS, configuring their respective IPs and tagging the ports on the switch. i ended up dedicating 2 ports for iSCSI and configuring those 2 ports on the cisco 200 switch as access ports on the different vlans and everything worked fine. doesn't seem like FreeNAS is tagging its vlan traffic.

though... i admit, i didn't follow the directions in the manual that Mlovelace just posted. maybe that was the issue. But it's working now so i'm not gonna bother.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.