Sickrake postprocessing issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus33

Patron
I installed sick rage and i can get transmission to download the files but i am a little lost on the post processing end.

I set it to the folder transmission downloading the episodes to but it keeps giving me this error.

Automatic post-processing attempted but dir Z:\jails\sickrage_1\TV\SickRage is relative (and probably not what you really want to process)

I likely missing something simple but i am unfamiliar with the program and can't find much info on it here.

Any ideas?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I installed sick rage and i can get transmission to download the files but i am a little lost on the post processing end.

I set it to the folder transmission downloading the episodes to but it keeps giving me this error.

Automatic post-processing attempted but dir Z:\jails\sickrage_1\TV\SickRage is relative (and probably not what you really want to process)

I likely missing something simple but i am unfamiliar with the program and can't find much info on it here.

Any ideas?
are SR and transmission running in the same jail? if not, SR and transmission need access to the same files. you might already being doing this, if not, mount a dataset into both jails.

not sure what Z: is but it looks windowsy so its definitely not the path you want to go down.

Magnus33

Patron
Tried many ways and found out the issue lays in the 9.3 freenas.
Ran it in the same jail and it doesn't work correctly because permissions need to be changed for writing and access if any changes are made.

The problem is any permission changes in any plugin cause the plugins to no longer work in 9.3 even if its merely increasing them.
Now if you happened to have set this up before the 9.3 upgrade you ok but installing after is a mess and frankly a massive headache not worth dealing with.

Hell even transmission can't download to the folder you set it two because it doesn't have permission even if the change before starting is as small as this /mnt/media/downloads/transmission/complete/tv.

So you have all these options to change or set folders but you can't actually do this because of lack of permission.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Tried many ways and found out the issue lays in the 9.3 freenas.
Ran it in the same jail and it doesn't work correctly because permissions need to be changed for writing and access if any changes are made.

The problem is any permission changes in any plugin cause the plugins to no longer work in 9.3 even if its merely increasing them.
Now if you happened to have set this up before the 9.3 upgrade you ok but installing after is a mess and frankly a massive headache not worth dealing with.

Hell even transmission can't download to the folder you set it two because it doesn't have permission even if the change before starting is as small as this /mnt/media/downloads/transmission/complete/tv.

So you have all these options to change or set folders but you can't actually do this because of lack of permission.
it is possibly to get everything setup on FN9.3 using either the same jail or different jails. I maintain I post on my blog that explains how I do it. but, this is with sabnzbd + CP, and automatic post-processing using nzbToMedia. if you're interested Google "jruehlig freenas"

heres a few suggestions if you choose to not follow my guide.
* running them in different jails doesn't solve any permission issues, even if they can access the same files, they still see what UID/GID owns the files
* you're on the right track with not changing permissions/ownership of your jail datasets. instead mount a dataset for your downloads+media into your plugin jail(s). you can change the permission level/ownership of this dataset.
* transmission and SR both need to be able to write to the files. either..
1) run them with the same user
2) put user 'media' and 'transmission' in a common group in their jail(s). make transmission write the files as group writable (77x)
3) have transmission write files as world writeable (777)

only option 3 requires no command line steps. I use option 1 in my blog post

Magnus33

Patron
Doesn't matter i tried that already.

Made a folder in the jails set transmission to download to it set permission at the bottom to 777.
Which of course doesn't work since permission isn't granted in 9.3 to write to this folder regardless of the
permission granted to it when it was made.

Unless you change the parent folder permissions anything you do to created sub folders doesn't have affect on installed plugins.

This of course would work perfectly in 9.2 but becomes impossible in 9.3.

Last edited:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Doesn't matter i tried that already.

Made a folder in the jails set transmission to download to it set permission at the bottom to 777.
Which of course doesn't work since permission isn't granted in 9.3 to write to this folder regardless of the
permission granted to it when it was made.

Unless you change the parent folder permissions anything you do to created sub folders doesn't have affect on installed plugins
you could just do what I do. run transmission as the same user as sickrage.

assuming they run in the same jail and your downloads / media files are under /mnt/media
Code:
service transmission onestop
sysrc 'transmission_user=media'
service transmission start

I'd then make the dataset recursively owned by the media user
Code:
chown -R media:media /mnt/media

Magnus33

Patron
Said to bleep with it and used the black-hole option in sickrage and told utorrent on my desktop to monitor and start downloads to a folder in sickrage jail.

Simple direct and quick with out all the headache.

Video was very helpful by the way :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.