SickRage won't start no more :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeStar

Patron
Using FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201509282017

With SickRage plugin v. 9.3.1

SickRage wasn't running anymore (randomly)

Went into PLUGINS > INSTALLED and the service status of SickRage was set to off.

I tried to push the slider but it wouldn't start without anything showing in the console or in the GUI.

I went to restart the jail and saw this in console:
Code:
Oct 13 00:00:30 NAS kernel: epair3a: link state changed to DOWN
Oct 13 00:00:30 NAS kernel: epair3b: link state changed to DOWN
Oct 13 00:00:33 NAS epair3a: Ethernet address: 02:c2:7f:00:0a:0a
Oct 13 00:00:33 NAS epair3b: Ethernet address: 02:c2:7f:00:0c:0b
Oct 13 00:00:33 NAS kernel: epair3a: link state changed to UP
Oct 13 00:00:33 NAS kernel: epair3b: link state changed to UP
Oct 13 00:00:33 NAS kernel: epair3a: promiscuous mode enabled
Oct 13 00:00:33 NAS kernel: ng_ether_ifnet_arrival_event: can't re-name node epair3b
Oct 13 00:00:33 NAS kernel: ng_ether_ifnet_arrival_event: can't re-name node epair3b

Still couldn't start the service in PLUGINS > INSTALLED

I proceeded to delete all storage, then restart the jail, and still the service wouldn't start.

I tried to perform an upgrade in the PLUGINS > INSTALLED tab (the upgrade button) and I got this in console:

Code:
Oct 13 00:01:22 NAS kernel: ifa_del_loopback_route: deletion failed
Oct 13 00:01:22 NAS Freed UMA keg (udp_inpcb) was not empty (40 items).  Lost 4 pages of memory.
Oct 13 00:01:22 NAS Freed UMA keg (udpcb) was not empty (504 items).  Lost 3 pages of memory.
Oct 13 00:01:22 NAS Freed UMA keg (tcptw) was not empty (200 items).  Lost 4 pages of memory.
Oct 13 00:01:22 NAS Freed UMA keg (tcp_inpcb) was not empty (40 items).  Lost 4 pages of memory.
Oct 13 00:01:22 NAS Freed UMA keg (tcpcb) was not empty (16 items).  Lost 4 pages of memory.
Oct 13 00:01:22 NAS hhook_vnet_uninit: hhook_head type=1, id=1 cleanup required
Oct 13 00:01:22 NAS hhook_vnet_uninit: hhook_head type=1, id=0 cleanup required
Oct 13 00:02:08 NAS manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: There was a problem creating the PBI]
Oct 13 00:05:46 NAS manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: There was a problem creating the PBI]

Finally I started to fire it up manually in SSH and got this:
Code:
root@sickrage_1:/ # service sickrage start                                                                                         
Starting sickrage.                                                                                                                 
Traceback (most recent call last):                                                                                                 
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/SickBeard.py", line 58, in <module>                                        
    import sickbeard                                                                                                               
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/__init__.py", line 37, in <module>                               
    from sickbeard import metadata                                                                                                 
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/metadata/__init__.py", line 22, in <module>                      
    import kodi, kodi_12plus, mediabrowser, ps3, wdtv, tivo, mede8er                                                               
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/metadata/kodi.py", line 19, in <module>                          
    import generic                                                                                                                 
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/metadata/generic.py", line 31, in <module>                       
    from sickbeard import helpers                                                                                                  
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/helpers.py", line 66, in <module>                                
    from sickbeard import logger, classes                                                                                          
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/logger.py", line 273                                             
    ascii_error = is_ascii_error(title_Error):                                                                                     
                                             ^                                                                                     
SyntaxError: invalid syntax                                                                                                        
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sickrage: WARNING: failed to start sickrage 

No idea what's going on here and I use SickRage intensively so I can't wait to bring it back online

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Using FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201509282017

With SickRage plugin v. 9.3.1

SickRage wasn't running anymore (randomly)

Went into PLUGINS > INSTALLED and the service status of SickRage was set to off.

I tried to push the slider but it wouldn't start without anything showing in the console or in the GUI.

I went to restart the jail and saw this in console:
Code:
Oct 13 00:00:33 NAS epair3a: Ethernet address: 02:c2:7f:00:0a:0a
Oct 13 00:00:33 NAS epair3b: Ethernet address: 02:c2:7f:00:0c:0b
Oct 13 00:00:33 NAS kernel: epair3a: promiscuous mode enabled

Still couldn't start the service in PLUGINS > INSTALLED

I proceeded to delete all storage, then restart the jail, and still the service wouldn't start.

I tried to perform an upgrade in the PLUGINS > INSTALLED tab (the upgrade button) and I got this in console:

Code:
Oct 13 00:01:22 NAS kernel: ifa_del_loopback_route: deletion failed
Oct 13 00:01:22 NAS Freed UMA keg (udp_inpcb) was not empty (40 items).  Lost 4 pages of memory.
Oct 13 00:01:22 NAS Freed UMA keg (udpcb) was not empty (504 items).  Lost 3 pages of memory.
Oct 13 00:01:22 NAS Freed UMA keg (tcptw) was not empty (200 items).  Lost 4 pages of memory.
Oct 13 00:01:22 NAS Freed UMA keg (tcp_inpcb) was not empty (40 items).  Lost 4 pages of memory.
Oct 13 00:01:22 NAS Freed UMA keg (tcpcb) was not empty (16 items).  Lost 4 pages of memory.
Oct 13 00:01:22 NAS hhook_vnet_uninit: hhook_head type=1, id=1 cleanup required
Oct 13 00:01:22 NAS hhook_vnet_uninit: hhook_head type=1, id=0 cleanup required
Oct 13 00:02:08 NAS manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: There was a problem creating the PBI]
Oct 13 00:05:46 NAS manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: There was a problem creating the PBI]

Finally I started to fire it up manually in SSH and got this:
Code:
root@sickrage_1:/ # service sickrage start                                                                                       
Starting sickrage.                                                                                                               
Traceback (most recent call last):                                                                                               
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/SickBeard.py", line 58, in <module>                                      
    import sickbeard                                                                                                             
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/__init__.py", line 37, in <module>                             
    from sickbeard import metadata                                                                                               
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/metadata/__init__.py", line 22, in <module>                    
    import kodi, kodi_12plus, mediabrowser, ps3, wdtv, tivo, mede8er                                                             
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/metadata/kodi.py", line 19, in <module>                        
    import generic                                                                                                               
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/metadata/generic.py", line 31, in <module>                     
    from sickbeard import helpers                                                                                                
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/helpers.py", line 66, in <module>                              
    from sickbeard import logger, classes                                                                                        
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/logger.py", line 273                                           
    ascii_error = is_ascii_error(title_Error):                                                                                   
                                             ^                                                                                   
SyntaxError: invalid syntax                                                                                                      
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sickrage: WARNING: failed to start sickrage 

No idea what's going on here and I use SickRage intensively so I can't wait to bring it back online
that was probably caused by a bad update/update applied badly for SickRage.
i show a possible fix here https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...ate-cant-start-service-now.28866/#post-189690

BlazeStar

Patron
thank you that worked perfectly :)

SickRage is running again!

But in the FreeNAS GUI, under PLUGINS > INSTALLED, the "Update" button is still showing... why?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
thank you that worked perfectly :)

SickRage is running again!

But in the FreeNAS GUI, under PLUGINS > INSTALLED, the "Update" button is still showing... why?
That updates the PBI wrapper. There's no need to update that unless you needed it for some reason.

I think the last update was to update the python version/openssl version.

BlazeStar

Patron
Okay but isn't updating the PBI wrapper something you want to do ?

Why do you say there's no need to update that ?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Okay but isn't updating the PBI wrapper something you want to do ?

Why do you say there's no need to update that ?
if it's working as is there probably isn't a benefit. i believe the last update was only needed to access a certain indexer site, which you haven't had a problem with. yes you can do it, but you may need to refresh your source again afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.