Sickrage Plugin Wont Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

STREBLO

Patron
When I attempt to start sickrage in the web UI it looks like it's loading but then never switches on.

I tried starting the service manually inside the sickrage jail and ended up with this error message. Does anyone have an idea of what's going wrong? It appears to be problem in some python code.

Code:
root@sickrage_1:/ # service sickrage start
Starting sickrage.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/SickBeard.py", line 564, in <module>
    SickRage().start()
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/SickBeard.py", line 313, in start
    sickbeard.initialize(consoleLogging=self.console_logging)
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/__init__.py", line 799, in initialize
    gettext.translation('messages', 'locale', languages=[GUI_LANG], codeset='UTF-8').install(unicode=1)
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/lib/python2.7/gettext.py", line 469, in translation
    raise IOError(ENOENT, 'No translation file found for domain', domain)
IOError: [Errno 2] No translation file found for domain: 'messages'
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sickrage: WARNING: failed to start sickrage

Supa

Patron
Mine won't start today either...

Apr 11 17:26:54 sickrage_1 root: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sickrage: WARNING: failed to start sickrage
Apr 11 17:27:13 sickrage_1 last message repeated 3 times
Apr 11 17:27:40 sickrage_1 syslogd: exiting on signal 15
Apr 11 17:30:59 sickrage_1 syslogd: kernel boot file is /boot/kernel/kernel
Apr 11 17:31:07 sickrage_1 root: /etc/rc: WARNING: failed to start sickrage
Apr 11 17:31:16 sickrage_1 root: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sickrage: WARNING: failed to start sickrage
Apr 11 17:31:22 sickrage_1 root: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sickrage: WARNING: failed to start sickrage

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

Which build version (from System -> Information)? If it's the latest SU, please report that traceback at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

Supa

Patron
I forgot what version of 9.3 I was on.. but I just upgraded and re-installed the plugin...

Now on:
FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201604041648

Don't forget these steps if you delete the plugin and re-install

1. Re-Mount Folders
2. Backup/Restore config.ini
3. Re-Add / scan Shows

STREBLO

Patron
Which build version (from System -> Information)? If it's the latest SU, please report that traceback at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201604041648

Here you are sir.

thla

Cadet
Deleting the following lines(798-800):

Code:
GUI_LANG = check_setting_str(CFG, 'GUI', 'language', '')                                                                 
if GUI_LANG:                                                                                                             
gettext.translation('messages', LOCALE_DIR, languages=[GUI_LANG], codeset='UTF-8').install(unicode=1)     

from /usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/__init__.py solves it.

Edit: That is to say, it'll be able to boot up again, and self-update to a version that fixes their issue

NoTalent

Dabbler
Hooah I reverted __init__.py and it worked as well. Do you know if anyone has filed a bug against this? I'm afraid the next "auto-update" will kill it again. I can file a bug when I get home.

thla

Cadet
Yeah they have issue reported already, but the issue is already fixed, as it was in one of the later commits, unfortunately the system just couldn't update because of the issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.