tar -zxf master.tar.gz
mv SickRage-master /usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage
chown -R media:media /usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage
rm master.tar.gz

But then:

Code:
root@sickrage_1:/ # service sickrage onestart                                  
Starting sickrage.                                                             
/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/bin/python2.7: can't open file '/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/
share/sickrage/SickRage/SickBeard.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory     
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sickrage: WARNING: failed to start sickrage  

And in the FREENAS GUI, when I go to PLUGINS > INSTALLED.

If I click the UPDATE button, I get an error message...

Any idea what's up?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
That probably isn't how the plugin was configured. Do you know the contents of the original SickRage directory? Why not just reinstall the plugin? I also notice in another thread you are just having plain problems with your install, might be worth while to reinstall and upload config file.

BlazeStar

Patron
That probably isn't how the plugin was configured. Do you know the contents of the original SickRage directory? Why not just reinstall the plugin? I also notice in another thread you are just having plain problems with your install, might be worth while to reinstall and upload config file.

Yup you're absolutely right, I've been struggling with my SickRage installation for a long while now.

Every time I would run the steps in my initial post and get it back running.

But ideally I'd like to make a clean install.

However I'm afraid to loose my stuff (config and database) and I couldn't find a proper procedure to do so.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Yup you're absolutely right, I've been struggling with my SickRage installation for a long while now.

Every time I would run the steps in my initial post and get it back running.

But ideally I'd like to make a clean install.

However I'm afraid to loose my stuff (config and database) and I couldn't find a proper procedure to do so.
backup and restore /var/db/sickrage. those steps need to be updated if you've switched over to the repo at SickRage/SickRage

BlazeStar

Patron
So I backed up /var/db/sickrage

Then I deleted the plug-in

Then installed a fresh one

I SSH'ed into the jail and noticed that the folder /var/db/sickrage didn't exist.

So, I started the plug-in, and it worked... a blank SickRage started.

I closed the plug-in, then copied the backed /var/db/sickrage directory into the new sickrage.

I restarted the jail, then started the plug-in.

And now, when i try to access SickRage (http://10.0.0.4:8081) nothing happens (unreachable page).

I checked the jail IP, and it is 10.0.0.4

Trying to stop it and start it from the jail doesn't provide any detail (or error message) :
Code:
root@sickrage_1:/ # service sickrage stop                                      
Stopping sickrage.                                                             
Waiting for PIDS: 50258.                                                       
Starting sickrage.

Not sure what's going on here...

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
So I backed up /var/db/sickrage

Then I deleted the plug-in

Then installed a fresh one

I SSH'ed into the jail and noticed that the folder /var/db/sickrage didn't exist.

So, I started the plug-in, and it worked... a blank SickRage started.

I closed the plug-in, then copied the backed /var/db/sickrage directory into the new sickrage.

I restarted the jail, then started the plug-in.

And now, when i try to access SickRage (http://10.0.0.4:8081) nothing happens (unreachable page).

I checked the jail IP, and it is 10.0.0.4

Trying to stop it and start it from the jail doesn't provide any detail (or error message) :
Code:
root@sickrage_1:/ # service sickrage stop                                     
Stopping sickrage.                                                            
Waiting for PIDS: 50258.                                                      
Starting sickrage.

Not sure what's going on here...
After you start sickrage can you verify it's running with 'service sickrage status'
Also, 'sockstat' would show where it's listening.
Finally if it isn't starting you could check for error logs in /var/db/sickrage

BlazeStar

Patron
Alright, here we go:

Code:
root@sickrage_1:/var/db/sickrage/Logs # service sickrage status
sickrage is running as pid 10010.

Yup it's running.

Code:
root@sickrage_1:/var/db/sickrage/Logs # sockstat
USER COMMAND PID FD PROTO LOCAL ADDRESS FOREIGN ADDRESS
root python2.7 10259 3 tcp4 10.0.0.4:12352 *:*
root cron 10018 4 dgram -> /var/run/logpriv
media python2.7 10010 11 tcp4 *:8081 *:*
media python2.7 10010 13 tcp4 10.0.0.4:14420 23.235.46.133:80
media python2.7 10010 14 tcp4 10.0.0.4:54042 104.25.219.29:443
root syslogd 9331 4 dgram /var/run/log
root syslogd 9331 5 dgram /var/run/logpriv
root syslogd 9331 6 udp6 *:514 *:*
root syslogd 9331 7 udp4 *:514 *:*

Listening on port 8081 as expected.

Finally, the log shows several errors, here's a recent extract:
Code:
2016-02-02 01:17:09 ERROR    Thread-21 :: Failed doing webui callback: Traceback (most recent call last):                          
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 265, in async_call                            
    result = function(**kwargs)                                                                                                    
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 672, in index                                 
    t = PageTemplate(rh=self, filename="home.mako")                                                                                
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 114, in __init__                              
    self.template = lookup.get_template(filename)                                                                                  
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/lib/mako/lookup.py", line 256, in get_template                             
    return self._load(srcfile, uri)                                                                                                
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/lib/mako/lookup.py", line 321, in _load                                    
    **self.template_args)                                                                                                          
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/lib/mako/template.py", line 322, in __init__                               
    module = self._compile_from_file(path, filename)                                                                               
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/lib/mako/template.py", line 379, in _compile_from_file                     
    module = compat.load_module(self.module_id, path)                                                                              
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/lib/mako/compat.py", line 89, in load_module                               
    return imp.load_source(module_id, path, fp)                                                                                    
  File "/var/db/sickrage/cache/mako/home.mako.py", line 21, in <module>                                                            
    from sickrage.media import showImage                                                                                           
ImportError: cannot import name showImage                                                                                          
Traceback (most recent call last):                                                                                                 
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 265, in async_call                            
    result = function(**kwargs)                                                                                                    
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 672, in index                                 
    t = PageTemplate(rh=self, filename="home.mako")                                                                                
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 114, in __init__                              
    self.template = lookup.get_template(filename)                                                                                  
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/lib/mako/lookup.py", line 256, in get_template                             
    return self._load(srcfile, uri)                                                                                                
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/lib/mako/lookup.py", line 321, in _load                                    
    **self.template_args)                                                                                                          
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/lib/mako/template.py", line 322, in __init__                               
    module = self._compile_from_file(path, filename)                                                                               
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/lib/mako/template.py", line 379, in _compile_from_file                     
    module = compat.load_module(self.module_id, path)                                                                              
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/lib/mako/compat.py", line 89, in load_module                               
    return imp.load_source(module_id, path, fp)                                                                                    
  File "/var/db/sickrage/cache/mako/home.mako.py", line 21, in <module>                                                            
    from sickrage.media import showImage                                                                                           
ImportError: cannot import name showImage

Status
Not open for further replies.