Shutdown Causes Reboot on TrueNAS Core 13.0-U1

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Thank you very much, it works for me too! You are way more competent than ixsystem who really don't care about this bug.

To be fair, it's not their bug, but upstream FreeBSD's.

IvanVolkov

Cadet
hi
i have the same issue and Iam new to the truenas world.
could you please explain to me how to do it and where I can find it
System - Tunables
Screenshot 2022-09-29 at 15.47.58.png

zamana

Contributor

Lepelot

Dabbler
Hello,
I am running into the same situation: adding "hw.efi.poweroff to tunables SYSCTL, with a value 0" didn't work for me either... I am still trying to find a solution.
My system is an old HP PC (Compaq 6000 Pro) with 2x4TB disks and 1 system SSD. It has been working just fine for the last 2 years with Nextcloud (I turn it on with WOL when I need it and it shuts down automatically with a Cron job the following night. I upgraded to Core 13.0 several weeks ago and suddenly yesterday it started to reboot at every shut down. I tried to turn WOL off but that didn’t fix it.
I could use some help.

Solved: Since I also had indications that the motherboard clock was not updating, I decided to change the motherboard battery ........ this also resolved the rebooting issue.

Last edited:

Nicholas Flamy

Dabbler
I run into the same issue on TrueNAS Scale since Bluefin (when I installed) and still to this day on Cobia. I saw this post 2 years ago but I shrugged off the issue as it didnt really matter at the time but I decided that since it's still happening I'll post about it. All I know is if I shut down the server from the GUI right after it finishes rebooting it will shut down and stay shut down.