SOLVED Should a standard jail after 11.2 have used/installed iocage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirk

Patron
Been doing allot of reading on jails ahead of moving away from plugins. One such standard jail created for QBit after 11.2 was installed has no iocage (determined by simply typing iocage in the jails shell). Should I be doing something in addition when I create the jail?
Thanks

kdragon75

Wizard
If you used the new UI, its using iocage. If you used the old UI it using warden. 11.2-BETA1 is not out yet just test builds.

Dirk

Patron
Thanks KD. Realized when I read your post that I shot myself in the foot thinking 11.4 instead of U4 when looking at my release.

When looking for various info on various minor problems I keep seeing reference to old UI and new UI. Can you elaborate? My install dates back to 9.3

kdragon75

Wizard
Let me put it this way. If you made the jail from the web UI and your running version 11.1-U4, it was the old UI and it's a warden jail. Please refer to the official User Guide for information and screenshots of the old UI. the new UI has no public documentation yet as it has not be released as anything other than a tech preview and it is constantly changing.

Dirk

Patron
Thanks again. That tells my why the "use new interface" is not on the login window ;-) I won't worry about any of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.