Dabbler
I have task do snapshot every 1 hour, but I don't see shadow copies :(
Снимок.PNG

Снимок2.PNG

Bidule0hm

Server Electronics Sorcerer
D

dlavigne

Which FreeNAS build version (from System -> Information)?

D

dlavigne

It's possible that there is a bug as there have been some replication changes, or it may be some funky interaction with localization. Please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here. The developer will need a debug attached to the bug report and you can create that using System -> Advanced -> Debug.

muzhik

Dabbler
It's possible that there is a bug as there have been some replication changes, or it may be some funky interaction with localization. Please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here. The developer will need a debug attached to the bug report and you can create that using System -> Advanced -> Debug.
Bug #13324

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Having reviewed your config in the bug report, I noticed the following:

1) You are performing a recursive snapshot of /mnt/Public
2) Your shares are located under /mnt/Public/share/*

Try setting a non-recursive snapshot task for the dataset "Public/share/reports", then in your share config for [Отчеты] set the "Periodic Snapshot Task" to the new snapshot task that you created. Once it generates a new snapshot, check for it in "previous versions".

I think it'd be good to get one more datapoint. If you navigate to "\\fileserver", and right-click on your share(s), are you able to see previous versions?

On a side-note, it looks like your controlling access to your shares via "hosts allow" and using guest authentication. It may be a good idea to properly set ACLs on your shares (through the security tab in Windows File Explorer) and eschew the whole "hosts allow" thing.

Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
For what it's worth, the following setup works mostly as expected for me:

Bender/Users/ is automatically and recursively snapshotted. Previous versions works as expected with folders in the Bender/Users/Eric shared dataset. Individual files don't seem to show previous versions, but it might be because they haven't changed. I'll have more data in two hours.

muzhik

Dabbler
Having reviewed your config in the bug report, I noticed the following:

1) You are performing a recursive snapshot of /mnt/Public
2) Your shares are located under /mnt/Public/share/*

Try setting a non-recursive snapshot task for the dataset "Public/share/reports", then in your share config for [Отчеты] set the "Periodic Snapshot Task" to the new snapshot task that you created. Once it generates a new snapshot, check for it in "previous versions".

I think it'd be good to get one more datapoint. If you navigate to "\\fileserver", and right-click on your share(s), are you able to see previous versions?

On a side-note, it looks like your controlling access to your shares via "hosts allow" and using guest authentication. It may be a good idea to properly set ACLs on your shares (through the security tab in Windows File Explorer) and eschew the whole "hosts allow" thing.
1. I have made new snapshot task.
2. I set task in CIFS options for folder
3. I don't see shadow copies in Explorer

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
@dlavigne, I switched the UI to Russian, created a share with a cyrillic name, and created a snapshot task. The snapshot showed up in "previous versions". I do not think it is a localization problem.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I can give access by Teamviewer
Please look at your bug report. John Hixson has requested information. He knows more about samba and freenas than pretty much everyone on this forum combined.

FYI, I noticed that you are allowing unauthenticated access to your accounting, 1C, and other shares. This is pretty bad. Filtering based on IP-Address is (1) a security panacea and (2) difficult to maintain. You might want to fix that.

muzhik

Dabbler
Please look at your bug report. John Hixson has requested information. He knows more about samba and freenas than pretty much everyone on this forum combined.

FYI, I noticed that you are allowing unauthenticated access to your accounting, 1C, and other shares. This is pretty bad. Filtering based on IP-Address is (1) a security panacea and (2) difficult to maintain. You might want to fix that.
What do you offer? How to separate access?
Windows can't use few user/pass for 1 IP. My users using few shares on them computers.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Users aren't meant to be assigned to shares. Users are meant to represent people, who have access to certain shares.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
What do you offer? How to separate access?
Windows can't use few user/pass for 1 IP. My users using few shares on them computers.
It depends on how many users you have. Typically, you would create a local user account on the FreeNAS server for each user (person using a computer on your network). Then you put these users in groups. Then you grant these groups access to your shares using windows explorer. https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...-of-how-to-configure-share-permissions.35276/

Additionally, I noticed that you are virtualizing FreeNAS. What is the hardware for your host? What version of vmware are you using?

Last edited:

muzhik

Dabbler
I'm sorry, it was my mistake, my wrong understanding. All works fine.
Please, close topic and bug.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
Additionally, I noticed that you are virtualizing FreeNAS. What is the hardware for your host? What version of vmware are you using?

Opps, they got us... Gig is up... Time to split [emoji3]

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.