Several issues with internet connectivity TrueNAS-13.0-U3 Core

New2NSA

Cadet
I am having several issues. I have read many threads trying to resolve the issues with no luck.

1st I do have dns and gateway in network>global configuration. From shell I can ping external ipaddresses by DNS name and Ip addresses.

What I can't get working is plugins as I get this error:

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 355, in run
await self.future
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 393, in __run_body
rv = await self.middleware.run_in_thread(self.method, *([self] + args))
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1154, in run_in_thread
return await self.run_in_executor(self.thread_pool_executor, method, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1151, in run_in_executor
return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 979, in nf
return f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail_freebsd.py", line 372, in available
return self.middleware.call_sync('plugin.available_impl', options).wait_sync(raise_error=True)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 326, in wait_sync
raise CallError(self.error)
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Cmd('git') failed due to: exit code(128)
cmdline: git clone -v https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git /mnt/POOL-01/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git
stderr: 'Cloning into '/mnt/POOL-01/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git'...
fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git/': SSL certificate problem: certificate is not yet valid
'

I can't get connected to AWS or Google for backups system>Cloud Credentials for AWS S3 that I am able to connect to from my Windows 11 via CloudBerry. Here is the Truenas error I get in:

Error: 2001/02/01 15:11:29 ERROR : : error listing: RequestError: send request failed
caused by: Get "https://s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/": x509: certificate has expired or is not yet valid: current time 2001-02-01T15:11:29-08:00 is before 2022-04-01T00:00:00Z
2001/02/01 15:11:29 Failed to lsjson with 2 errors: last error was: error in ListJSON: RequestError: send request failed
caused by: Get "https://s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/": x509: certificate has expired or is not yet valid: current time 2001-02-01T15:11:29-08:00 is before 2022-04-01T00:00:00Z

In advance I thank you for any help

danb35

Hall of Famer

New2NSA

Cadet
First off Thank you so much for your quick response. I fixed the time issue it now reports from the shell current time and date. I verified this with that date command in the shell. Both issues still are taking place.

When I go to verify credentials in Cloud credentials I get this error :

Error: 2022/12/10 21:33:11 ERROR : : error listing: RequestError: send request failed
caused by: Get "https://s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/": dial tcp: lookup s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com on [::1]:53: read udp [::1]:15485->[::1]:53: read: connection refused
2022/12/10 21:33:11 Failed to lsjson with 2 errors: last error was: error in ListJSON: RequestError: send request failed
caused by: Get "https://s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/": dial tcp: lookup s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com on [::1]:53: read udp [::1]:15485->[::1]:53: read: connection refused

when I go to Plugins I get this error:

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 355, in run
await self.future
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 393, in __run_body
rv = await self.middleware.run_in_thread(self.method, *([self] + args))
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1154, in run_in_thread
return await self.run_in_executor(self.thread_pool_executor, method, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1151, in run_in_executor
return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 979, in nf
return f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail_freebsd.py", line 372, in available
return self.middleware.call_sync('plugin.available_impl', options).wait_sync(raise_error=True)

Any help is appreciated

danb35

Hall of Famer
Both issues still are taking place.
No, two very different issues are now taking place, though they're happening at the same times as the previous issues. The first appears to be that your DNS server is refusing connections when your system tries to look up s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com, and I can't figure out the second one at the moment. Did you reboot the system after fixing the time? I'm wondering if there are still parts of it that are confused.

New2NSA

Cadet
Okay I rebooted my system and verified the time and date again just to be sure. With the AWS S3 Cloud credentials I get the same error. I tested the AWS S3 in a fresh built vm of both TrueNAS Core and TrueNAS Scale and they work. Yet do not work in my physical box

My plugins are now working :smile: Thank you Thank you Any more help on AWS S3 would I am grateful to get,

Last edited:

New2NSA

Cadet

danb35,​

I created a new Cloud Key and Secret and now it's working too. It all came down to the time issue you resolved. Thank you so much for taking the time you spent helping me out. RESOLVED

I set my local time server in NTP and set time serves in my idrack. I also opeden NTP in my firewall for thoes external NTP Servers.

Last edited: