Setting VM in TrueNAS Scale for Game Server

Patek2

Dabbler
Hi,
I have a question about setting up my TrueNAS Scale + Virtual Machine in top of that for a Game Server.

First off all let me state what machine do I have and what's wrong with my internet provider "Orange". So... My TrueNAS Scale machine is HP 600 G1 with 2x 8GB DDR3 RAM, Intel i3 with 2cores and 4 threads, 1x SSD 120 Gb that has TrueNas currently installed, 2x HDD Seagate IronWolf 2TB drives that are connected in Mirror configuration. Next thing is the internet provider... what's wrong with them? They don't allow me to have public + static IP to host anything, as they said "it's only for bussines".

Does TrueNAS Scale has an option to make my IP public and static to make my server visible to others? Or is there another way that I should go?

Patek2

Dabbler
I just searched some things online, should I use NO-IP for hosting a game server? I don't exactly know how that works.

GastonJ

Dabbler
Since you can't have a static ip address, your internet ip address will likely regularly, so yes a provider like no-ip or dyndns. You will need to find some client software to update no-ip/dyndns with you ip address each time it changes. . Then your friends who want play games on your server connect to the domain name you chose with no-ip/dyndns.