Setting up 3 disks for ZFS on Freenas 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teamnoodle

Cadet
Hi.

Im having an issue with my initial drive setup on Freenas 7. Im trying to set up a ZFS volume, but I get an unknown status when I try to add a

The guides I've found all seem to be written for Freenas 8 and so I have been using this guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16v4jNYH0GI

and it has gotten me this far...

Firstly, I added the disks, Preformatted file system set up as ZFS Storage pool device. I named each disk, disk 1, 2 and 3.

I then created a Virtual Device under the ZFS tab, Named it Freenas ZFS, Added the 3 disks listed, didn't enable Advanced Format, (didn't know what it was...)

Then under Pool, Management tab, I added an entry, called it Freenas, selected the Virtual device I made earlier, left the 3 options below blank ( Root, Mount Point and Description)
This is where the problem comes... When I apply changes, I receive an Error, (error code 1) All details show up as unknown, Size, Used, Free, Capacity, Health is in unknown and so is Altroot.

Can someone tell me how to set these up? What am I doing wrong? I searched the forums, but couldn't find a better guide.
If anyone has a link to one, I'd appreciate it...

ProtoSD

MVP
Hi Teamnoodle, wrong forum for FreeNAS 7 questions. There's separate forum for that, link is at the top in the titlebar. *Some* questions about upgrading From FN7 are probably ok, but these forums will become confusing in a hurry if the two get discussed here.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.