Not open for further replies.

iandroo888

Dabbler
System Specs:

Asus 680i Striker Extreme
Intel C2Q Q6600
Corsair 4x1GB DDR1066
XFX 8800GT

So i have currently the most stable FreeNAS 7 installed on the computer. It had five 500GB harddrives all formatted "ZFS storage pool device", pooled and managed together in a ZFS.

That resulted in 2.27 with usable 1.8 something i believe forgot.

Ive came up with the idea due to a recent deal that required some pricematching and coupon usage on some 3TB seagate ext harddrives. Some reviewers has mentioned inside is a Seagate Barracuda XT 3GB hd. For the deal, i got a few at $100 each..

I took disassembled one, took out the harddrive and stuck it in the computer, formatted all the drives, went into ZFS and tried to recreate the virtual pool with and management. After selecting all the drives, RAID-5 single parity. i go into management and try to create that with the virtual pool.

Im getting an error 1 when trying to create the management when i try to apply changes. Is it because one of the drives of the 6 is a 3TB?

in the end i plan to throw in Three 3TB drives (Maybe 6 if i can find 3 more resulting in 18TB NAS >=] ) + Three 500GB drives in there resulting in like 10.5TB NAS but im not sure if it works that way.

ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.