Set Up Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergioik

Dabbler
I have a server already up and running, but I'm wanting to create a new one more updated.
Now I have the:
FreeNAS-11.0-U3 (c5dcf4416)
Plexmediaserver 1.8.4.4249
After installation is setup, when accessing the Media Plex, Add movie library, browse media folder, it opens a window with the following folder is not able to change:
/ var / db / plexdata / Plex Media Server, I have already changed the jails, but everytime in plex comes with this address, so I can not add the folder with the movies. First image.
Anyone have any idea what the problem is.

I installed the older version of Freenas, FreeNAS-9.10.2-U3 (e1497f269), in this case after installing the Media Plex plugin, the directory choice screen changed and I was able to add the movies folder, follow the second image.
Any way would like to install the latest version FreeNas.

Attachments

• Plex ingles.JPG
    Plex ingles.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 394
  • Plex erro ingles.JPG
    Plex erro ingles.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 331

Sergioik

Dabbler
Thank you for your help.
Yes, but the path can be typed and saved, but it is not recognized, as if it were not typed.

LLeo

Dabbler
mOnkey says it correctly. Earlier Freenas/Plex installations acted correctly on "Add Folder." NOW(!) each time you do so, "/media/foldername" must be inserted which indicates the ACTUAL path in your "/mnt/YourFreenasVolumeName/jails/plexmediaserver_1/media/foldername". It is a little more inconvenient but no one has "fixed" it back to the "old" way. Those folders, however, are contained in the jail directory like they were before this surfaced as opposed to the /var in the root directory.

Sergioik

Dabbler
I'm sorry, thank you very much for the help, but I'm not very understood in freenas, how should I proceed to change this problem, since I've done everything in Jails, or where to fix this.
My experience with freenas is still small, I'm trying hard to learn.

Sergioik

Dabbler
I think that's what you're referring to.
I already made several auterações but in the Media Plex does not have any alteration some.

Attachments

• Jail.JPG
    Jail.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 328

Pancackewaffle

Dabbler
Check permissions, that was my issue. Make sure you check with the jail shell and the dataset itself in volume manager. I set permissions to 777 because I was getting mad and now it works so I don't care to increase security.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Sergioik

Dabbler
But the problem is inside Freenas with version 11, there is no way to change the path of the folders inside the plax, in installation 9.10, this option appears in the image.

Attachments

• Freenas 9 Plex.JPG
    Freenas 9 Plex.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 265

Pancackewaffle

Dabbler
But in the area that says /var/db/plexdata/Plex Media Server, click there and you can enter manually

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Sergioik

Dabbler
Thanks for the help, ok by clicking on it allows you to enter the path, save the path you typed but not it file in these folder, as if you ignore the path you typed.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Thanks for the help, ok by clicking on it allows you to enter the path, save the path you typed but not it file in these folder, as if you ignore the path you typed.
What do you mean when you say ignored the oath? I ask because we know it works by typing in your path, that is what everyone has to do in freenas 11.

Sergioik

Dabbler
At this point I did a new test, I installed the 9.10 version, I configured everything is was working, in the Freenas have the option to Update, I made the 11 Stable option, the folders that were previously working continues Ok, but when creating new folder to add as for example Photo library, no longer think, the same camanhino typed.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
At this point I did a new test, I installed the 9.10 version, I configured everything is was working, in the Freenas have the option to Update, I made the 11 Stable option, the folders that were previously working continues Ok, but when creating new folder to add as for example Photo library, no longer think, the same camanhino typed.
It works.

You just need to describe what you are doing so we can point out the missing step. People can't magically know what you are doing. You have to explain it and probably give screenshots.

Sergioik

Dabbler
Ok, you put the pictures to check how I'm doing.

Attachments

• Freenas Storage 01.JPG
    Freenas Storage 01.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 241
  • Freenas Shares 02.JPG
    Freenas Shares 02.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 243
  • Freenas Services 03.JPG
    Freenas Services 03.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 231
  • Freenas Plugins 04.JPG
    Freenas Plugins 04.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 222
  • Freenas Jails 05.JPG
    Freenas Jails 05.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 226
  • PlexMediaServer 06.JPG
    PlexMediaServer 06.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 224
  • Plex Library 07.JPG
    Plex Library 07.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 243
  • Plex  Browser for media folder 08.JPG
    Plex Browser for media folder 08.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 295
  • Plex Path.JPG
    Plex Path.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 219
  • Plex  Browser for media folder 09.JPG
    Plex Browser for media folder 09.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 210

Sergioik

Dabbler
to be continued

Attachments

• Libraries Photos 10.JPG
    Libraries Photos 10.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 242
  • Libraries Photos Save 11.JPG
    Libraries Photos Save 11.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 248

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Super simple your using the wing path. You need to use /media since that was the destination you have your storage mount point.

Sergioik

Dabbler
So if that is not working.

Attachments

• Plex folders 12.JPG
    Plex folders 12.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 282
Status
Not open for further replies.