Servers disappeared in Web Interface after desperation update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I managed to fumble fingered type gpart da0p1 instead of gpart da1p1 while preping an attached usb drive, so of course the system would not reboot. I used the same install dvd to re-install Freenas 9..3-release.p25 and was fortunately able to be up and running again. I had installed a couple of patches, which of course are gone. The only negative side effect is that the servers section in the web GUI now reports:

{"error": true, "events": [], "message": "Error: no such column: directoryservice_activedirectory.ad_netbiosname"}

rather than the list of servers. However, the configured servers (only samba at the moment) are working fine, and the control files are all just as they were. I am also seeing this error every minute or so in /var/log/messages:

ec 19 09:38:32 freenas alert.py: [system.alert:194] Alert module '<replication_status.ReplicationStatusAlert object at 0x80b19bc50>' failed: no such column: storage_replication.repl_resetonce

Not even sure what that means. I have years of using FreeBSD, but only a week or so of FreeNAS and the GUI.

I found this bug, which is similar:

https://bugs.pcbsd.org/issues/11244
But the circumstances differ.

Can anyone suggest a way to repair this?

Thank you!
Scott

Define failed.
Failed as in an error message from FreeNas saying 'update failed', with a pointer to the log file. The log file showed that the update was aborted with the same error message that was showing up in the Web interface, namely:

Django.db.utils.OperationalError: no such column: storage_replication.repl_resetonce

I just rebuilt everything from scratch at that point, and all is well here now, but saving the config/installing/uploading config didn't repair anything at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.