Secure freenas when to many file was open

mbertoldi

Cadet
Fore security reason I would like to stop the whole file system of freenas when too many file was open
by one or more users. What I am looking for is a way to
a) Count the number of file open in a specific time frame ( for example every 6 hours).
b) if the number of opened file is greater than a limit it lock the filesystem.
In our company normally we have 200 access to files every day. if some one will
try to download to many files when it will arrive at the specified number ( for example 400), the
system will lock. This would be an adding protection for our data.
Does some one know how to do that ? ( we do not want to use commercial software), I think is something related to counting the logs.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Fore security reason I would like to stop the whole file system of freenas when too many file was open
by one or more users. What I am looking for is a way to
a) Count the number of file open in a specific time frame ( for example every 6 hours).
b) if the number of opened file is greater than a limit it lock the filesystem.
In our company normally we have 200 access to files every day. if some one will
try to download to many files when it will arrive at the specified number ( for example 400), the
system will lock. This would be an adding protection for our data.
Does some one know how to do that ? ( we do not want to use commercial software), I think is something related to counting the logs.
This seems crazy and not going to work very well. No one does at the enterprise level and it's not going to protect you like you think it will.

If you want it you will have to write your own code to monitor the number of open files over a time period and I guess shut down the system if the threshold is crossed.

elorimer

Contributor
No one does at the enterprise level and it's not going to protect you like you think it will.
Really? I thought something like this was typical at the enterprise level, guarding against someone downloading their employer's intellectual property prior to quitting. Or industrial espionage. Or following licensing/contractual requirements.

I know there is a case in Connecticut where a spinoff group of lawyers downloaded the mothership's entire server before departure. I think it included several personal injury kits in violation of the licenses.