Scrub task email sbjects

Eds89

Contributor
Hi there,

I get my periodic email alerts for scrub jobs, but I have found the subjects of those emails to be inconsistent;
I used to find the subject for scrub start said "Scrub started", and emails for finished scrubs said "Scrub finished".
Now though, my scrub start email subjects are this:
Cron <root@Eds-FS> PATH="/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/root/bin" /usr/local/libexec/nas/scrub -t 10

As you are limited on what is set for scrub jobs, I am unclear on how to go about correcting this issue.
Does anyone know how this can be done?

Thanks
Eds

millst

Contributor
I'd suggest submitting a ticket as I don't think there is a way to do it without tinkering behind the scenes. I submitted one about duplication in the e-mails regarding software updates that they fixed pretty quickly (release that was being developed when the ticket was submitted).

The inconsistency between the subject/content of all the various e-mails is annoying. I bet most people just learn to deal with it. Here's a sampling of the ones I get:

HOSTNAME: Update Available
HOSTNAME: Critical Alerts
Cron <root@HOST> /usr/local/libexec/nas/scrub -t 7 freenas-boot
HOSTNAME: scrub finished
Alerts
HOSTNAME daily security run output

The generic "Alerts" one is particularly useless for filtering on. You shouldn't have to open the mail to get a good idea of what the system is messaging you about.

Eds89

Contributor
Thanks, I'll raise a ticket.

Yeah I have also found the inconsistency a bit frustrating. Would be nice if everything started with the hostname, then the subject should highlight the core purpose of the message.