Is this normal for 11.2?Cron sends emails when run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amsoil_Jim

Contributor
I have 2 cron jobs setup
One is to run a script that sends an email to me with zpool status, S.M.A.R.T. data, and config backup
Second is for Duckdns

The email i received for the for one:
Code:
Subject: Cron <root@FreeNAS> PATH="/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/root/bin" /mnt/Media/James/scripts/report4.sh > /dev/null
Body:
date: illegal option -- -
usage: date [-jnRu] [-d dst] [-r seconds] [-t west] [-v[+|-]val[ymwdHMS]] ...
            [-f fmt date | [[[[[cc]yy]mm]dd]HH]MM[.ss]] [+format]

The email i received for the second one:
Code:
Subject: Cron <nobody@FreeNAS> PATH="/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/root/bin" /usr/local/bin/curl http://www.duckdns.org/update/"removed"/"removed" > /dev/null
Body:
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0100     2    0     2    0     0      3      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     3

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
I have 2 cron jobs setup
One is to run a script that sends an email to me with zpool status, S.M.A.R.T. data, and config backup
Second is for Duckdns

The email i received for the for one:
Code:
Subject: Cron <root@FreeNAS> PATH="/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/root/bin" /mnt/Media/James/scripts/report4.sh > /dev/null
Body:
date: illegal option -- -
usage: date [-jnRu] [-d dst] [-r seconds] [-t west] [-v[+|-]val[ymwdHMS]] ...
            [-f fmt date | [[[[[cc]yy]mm]dd]HH]MM[.ss]] [+format]

The email i received for the second one:
Code:
Subject: Cron <nobody@FreeNAS> PATH="/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/root/bin" /usr/local/bin/curl http://www.duckdns.org/update/"removed"/"removed" > /dev/null
Body:
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0100     2    0     2    0     0      3      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     3
What is the problem? Is the cron job not happening?

Amsoil_Jim

Contributor
What is the problem? Is the cron job not happening?
I know the first one runs, I received the email from the script. The second one I assume is also running.
I just have never received these emails from the freenas system before and I'm not sure if they are stating something is wrong or just that the cron job has run.

Status
Not open for further replies.