Scrub over 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
For most people once the system crashes and the pool is unmountable, there have been zero recoveries.

A few people have had this >100% scrub problem, and the only solution was to copy the data off the pool. For a few unlucky souls they couldn't get their data off the pool before it crashed permanently and the data was irretrievable.

I haven't put that in my guide because I've tried to keep my guide to things that you won't find being warned about. FreeNAS 9.2.1.x+ will warn you of pools >80% full. ;)

david kennedy

Explorer
I've had a scrub go over 100% but in my case one of the drives was failing. It attempted to rebuild what was "missing" in the dying disk and went to like 103%.

I've since pulled the bad drive and am waiting for its replacement. Hopefully it goes well.

9C1 Newbee

Patron
If you are not running on 4 gigs of ram or something ridiculous like that, I would think you will come out ok.

9C1 Newbee

Patron
I'd stick to the GUI. You don't need to command line anything.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
DO NOT USE THE COMMAND LINE!

The manual has to be followed to the letter - otherwise, why bother with writing the procedure down?

seppok

Dabbler
Ok, got all the data to an external drive in read-only mode. But now I'm unable to copy the data back to the new hardware through network because the integrated Realtek 8111G stops working after a couple of minutes under load. Ifconfig down; ifconfig up brings it up again but it does the same thing again if I try to continue.

gpsguy

Buy an Intel pro/1000 CT NIC. OEM versions of it cost ~30 USD.

Sent from my phone

seppok

Dabbler
I'll have to do that if I don't find a fix. There's only one PCIe slot so that is the last option. Maybe I could try an USB NIC that I have somewhere...

gpsguy

I doubt the USB NIC will work. Even if it does, it'll probably be worse than your realcrap NIC.

Sent from my phone

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I doubt the USB NIC will work. Even if it does, it'll probably be worse than your realcrap NIC.

Sent from my phone

It'll probably *be* Realtek.

Status
Not open for further replies.