- Feb 9, 2018
Hi, I've heard about this scripted for so long. Since 2019-10-15 to be exact. That's when I paid for a domain for three years last time via HostGator.com. Last attempt was a manul process posted on the forum which I got things working locally, but can't Let's Encrpt to work and bring in public access.@deltavlokkies The logs show that Caddy is doing all the right things. Like I suggested in my earlier post and your response confirms it, you need to meet the Let's Encrypt prerequisites in the README for this resource in order to enable TLS encryption. Running the script is straightforward; meeting those prerequisites is where all the hard work is. I recommend you work your way slowly through those prerequisites and raise questions in this discussion area as you come up against obstacles.
You might like to start by describing the path between the Nextcloud jail and your DNS hosting provider for cloud.vlokkiebox.nl e.g.
- Who is your hosting provider and have you configured the external DNS?
- Are you a home user? Does your ISP provide you with a static or dynamic IP address?
- Is your router capable of handling split-horizon DNS? Have you configured the internal DNS?
- Is your edge router subject to double-NAT? e.g. if your ISP supplies you with Carrier-Grade NAT, there is a possibility that you will not be able to get TLS encryption working unless you acquire (most likely at an additional, recurring cost) a static IP address from them.
- At what point in the prerequisites are you currently stuck at? etc
This time(1 year later now) I want to redo the installation with this script. Not sure how can I finish all the prerequisties. Is there a good guide somewhere? To answer some of the above questions:
1. hosting provider for external DNS. Is that HostGator.com? because I brought a domain from them.
2. Home user. My ISP gives dynamic IP address. I notice my IP changes if I have a power outage and my modem restarted. (CentruyLink Fiberoptic)
3. Split DNS. Yes my router can based on this https://www.snbforums.com/threads/how-to-do-split-dns-with-unbound-sort-of.64458/.
4. Double-NAT, can someone confirm this one? I think it is yes, becasue I do have A small box, called an optical network terminal (Ont) connect to my edge router.
5. All I have is a paid Domain(3 years) from hostgator.com
My question is where do I start? Is it even possible for me to have self-hosted next cloud?