Script at Startup to restart network config for VLANs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wakesk8r

Cadet
Greetings fellow FreeNASonites!

I'm a newb to FreeNAS, and am having some issues with VLAN's. I recently installed a Intel Pro 1000 MT dual nic Gig PCI card, and it works great...after i reset the network config at the box via keyboard (console i believe is what the screen / environment is called). My question is: is there a scrip to "restart network" after it boots up?
To be exact: i start my FreeNAS, and the console page shows two "0.0" IPs, which are not the static IPs set by a seperate router / firewall. However, when on the console page i select network config (1) -> Reset vlanxx, it shows the correct static ips. Since this FreeNAS box does not have a keyboard and mouse attached to it (nor do i want that), id like to (if possible) create or use a script that will restart my network configs on the freenas after bootup, so the freenas will essentially do a windows version of dhcp /release and /renew...if that spanglish makes any sense :)

Cheers!

-\ Wakesk8r /-

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Why wouldn't you just set a static IP on the system? And why 2 IPs?

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
the console page shows two "0.0" IPs, which are not the static IPs set by a seperate router / firewall
I'm confused by this sentence. Did you set static IP's? Or are they getting dynamic IP's from a router?

It sounds like your network (including vlan) settings are a little messed up or a bug report needs to be opened. You shouldn't need to reset anything.

wakesk8r

Cadet
Why wouldn't you just set a static IP on the system? And why 2 IPs?
I use a Intel Pro 1000 MT, which has two gig nic ports. I use it for the increased speed on this ancient dinosaur of a PC (cerca 2006 Dell, lol)

I have yet to fool around with setting static IPs in FreeNAS, as my pfSense router assigns them through the VLAN. I just can't get freenas to reset the network interfaces after it initial boots without manually hooking up a keyboard and monitor. Scrip would be nice for network card (i.e., "em0") reset.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I use a Intel Pro 1000 MT, which has two gig nic ports. I use it for the increased speed on this ancient dinosaur of a PC (cerca 2006 Dell, lol)

I have yet to fool around with setting static IPs in FreeNAS, as my pfSense router assigns them through the VLAN. I just can't get freenas to reset the network interfaces after it initial boots without manually hooking up a keyboard and monitor. Scrip would be nice for network card (i.e., "em0") reset.
Seems to me the better fix here is to set a static IP

Status
Not open for further replies.