SCALE 22.02-RC.1-2 Hotpatch Now Available

MrT_134

Super Moderator
iXsystems
We are pleased to officially announce the TrueNAS SCALE 22.02-RC.1-2 (Angelfish) hotpatch is available for download and upgrade! This is a minor hotpatch that includes samba security updates, webui form improvements, and a cluster volume regression fix. As always, please let us know of any feedback you have along the journey.

Release Notes

Download TrueNAS SCALE

ryandasilva

Dabbler
stuck on first bootup after importing core config. stuck on :

A start job is running for Import ZFS pools (1d 25min 50 s / no limit)

Ive traced this issue to be coming from my largest, most important raidz1 pool which consists of 3x6tb disks. Interestingly its the same pool which i recently had a failed disk on and had to replace with a new disk. It mounts and appears to be fine (fully accessible) in core. Unfortunately i dont have my phone with me down here in the dungeon lab its upstairs charging. I'll try to get a picture later.

After doing some reading on similar Ubuntu systems with ZFS with the same problem, i want to try to try to unplug all 3 disks in that pool which is freezing up boot process. Then i want to boot into TrueNAS and set the boot/import process to skip that pool. How do i go about doing this?

After i am able to successfully boot into TrueNAS with the disks plugged in but Scale doesnt attempt to import the pool, i want to attempt to import the pool manually. If successful I want to then run diagnostics on it and see if i can get it to the point of being able to boot/import on its own without manual assistance. How would i go about doing this?

Thanks so much. Ryan.

LarsR

Guru
importing core config

That is, as far as i know, not yet supported.
Have you tried a vanilla install without config import and just importing the pool an recreate your config from scratch?