SAS hard drives S.M.A.R.T matchnotfound?

Deeda

Explorer
Hi all,

I've got a number of SAS HGST HUH721212AL5200 hard drives connected to an LSI SAS3008 9300-8i.

In TrueNAS Core 12.0-U2.1, when I go into the "S.M.A.R.T TEST RESULTS" section it brings up a dialog box titled "MatchNotFound" with the following information:

Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/utils/__init__.py", line 201, in filter_list
    return rv[0]
IndexError: list index out of range

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 137, in call_method
    result = await self.middleware._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=self,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1195, in _call
    return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 973, in nf
    return await f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/smart.py", line 548, in results
    return filter_list(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/utils/__init__.py", line 203, in filter_list
    raise MatchNotFound()

Just wondering if this is an error with being able to query the hard drives, or is the S.M.A.R.T function not installed properly?

Cheers

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Many SAS drives do not support SMART, which is really a SATA thing.

Deeda

Explorer

jgreco

Resident Grinch
It's possible that they're not enabled (even if they technically exist), or need to be accessed differently, or that the SMART tools package does not know how to access them.

Deeda

Explorer
ah no worries. I might script something up and feed it back via the APIs