SabNZBD plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghenry22

Cadet
Would it be possible to make SABnzbd a plugin? I use this for accessing news servers, it runs in python and has a web interface, already multiplatform etc see their page on sourceforge.

It would be a great plugin for me as I could download directly on the NAS then.

bwhitson

Cadet
OK...Maybe I'm just being thick but I've downloaded that PDI. Now what do I do with it?
I'm new to BSD but I understand the basic concepts. It looks to me like that PDI is designed to be installed inside a GUI. Is Xorg even installed?

I used .7 a while back and all a user had to do was tell freenas where the package was and it did the rest. I can't find the same function on 8.0

Any help would be great.

kashiwagi

Dabbler
You sit on it until FreeNAS 8.1 is released :)

The plugin architecture, which will use PBIs, is not planned until 8.1. Seeing as 8.0.1 is still in beta, and doesn't have an RC yet, it might take a while.

Personally I am very anxious to get sabnzbd/couchpotato/sickbeard up and running, but I think I will wait for the plugin architecture to be released.

I might be interested in helping out with creating PBIs for couchpotato and sickbeard. Anyone else interested?

BCrippsy38

Dabbler
Has anyone installed the sabnzbd plugin and can give a noob some insight on how to get it up and running?

budmannxx

Contributor
You sit on it until FreeNAS 8.1 is released :)

The plugin architecture, which will use PBIs, is not planned until 8.1. Seeing as 8.0.1 is still in beta, and doesn't have an RC yet, it might take a while.

Has anyone installed the sabnzbd plugin and can give a noob some insight on how to get it up and running?

kashiwagi is right; you'll need to wait until FreeNAS 8.2 is released (there will not be an 8.1 release--they're jumping straight to 8.2: http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Roadmap_for_8.2). The current RELEASE version is 8.0.3.

mrsieb

Dabbler
I running sabnzb on FreeNas as "Sandbox" means all python stuff is located in a own folder hirachy. The Start script bends the execution to the sandbox folders.
Only unrar and par2 is nativ installed via pkg_add. I can post a how to..

seer_tenedos

Dabbler
I have setup SabNzbd, Couchpatato, Headphones and Sickbeard on 2 freenas boxes 2 different ways. One where all the apps, python etc is on a zfs volume and run as a service on FreeNAS and the other setup used the Serviio Jail example found here http://forums.freenas.org/showthread.php?1399-HOWTO-Install-Serviio-in-Freenas-8-0-x and i just installed the extra apps into the jail.

It took more work to get the jail setup initially but it was by far the best setup option for the following reasons.
1. Makes it very easy to app new apps without changing Freenas or its config at all
2. Upgrades to Fressnas are much easier as you just need to run a simple script to re-enable the jail after you upgrade. If you install everything directly in freenas you need to make any change you made to the main filesystem again on upgrade which is a real pain.
3. Anything you install in the jail does not break the Freenas system. (I broke freenas at one stage when not using the jail by doing something to the python install by mistake)

I plan to convert my first system to use a jail as well when i get a chance.

lrusak

Explorer
Status
Not open for further replies.